Another wireless transmitter mounting question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to keep my teric on my left wrist and keep my Shearwater transmitter on the left side of my body. I am thinking about getting an Atomic ST1 regulator -- it has 2 HP ports. The problem is that if I keep my SPG on the left, the other HP port on this reg would require mounting the transmitter facing to the right.

Does anyone have experience with using a transmitter (ideally with a Teric) on this mount? How did it work? (dropouts, no problems?). Shearwater suggests keeping the transmitter on the same side as the computer.

I have seen other threads where people put the transmitter on a short HP hose and wrap it to the left but I'd like to avoid that if I can. Seems like you'd be adding a potential failure point.

Thoughts appreciated. I am not ready to give up my SPG just yet. I like redundancy --though have considered it.

My wife and I both dive Atomic B2s with Shearwater transmitters on the right and Terics on our left wrists and we’ve never had a drop. We dive the configuration 5-6 days/week and frequently 2 dives/day. Our SPGs are both on our left side.

I dive an Oceanic VT3 on my left wrist. I have my transmitter on the right side of my MK25 and a SPG on the left side. I have had absolutely no problems with this configuration that I have been using for about 8 years, around a 1000 dives or so.

Oceanic VT 4, 5 years and 500 dives, no issues here either.

I like to keep my teric on my left wrist and keep my Shearwater transmitter on the left side of my body. I am thinking about getting an Atomic ST1 regulator -- it has 2 HP ports. The problem is that if I keep my SPG on the left, the other HP port on this reg would require mounting the transmitter facing to the right.

Does anyone have experience with using a transmitter (ideally with a Teric) on this mount? How did it work? (dropouts, no problems?). Shearwater suggests keeping the transmitter on the same side as the computer.
So as an update to my OP, I have had no issues using my Teric on my left wrist and my Shearwater transmitter on my Atomic ST1 on the right and have had no dropouts or other problems.

Teric on left wrist; Perdix on right wrist. One transmitter. Neither computer cares where the Tx is mounted on my first stage. I also use a button gauge so I can check tank pressure quickly.

We just bought Mares Quad Airs and will have the transmitters on the right, SPGs on the left and wear the computers on our left as we've always done. I'll be interested to see if they drop signal at all next month when we fully test them. I just like the redundancy of the SPG. I have it on a 24" miflex hose and it'll be out of the way until I need it. I don't want to call a dive if i don't have to.

Crud. Sorry, I just realized this was in the Shearwater forum.

Consider this option:
High Pressure Port Adapter
View attachment 498793
This allows both connections on the same side. The "angled" connection swivels freely 360°, the inline connection is rigid. I have my hose on the angle and my transmitter on the rigid connection, but you can reverse that f you like.
I have an SPG and an AI watch computer (Aqualung I450t). And use this adapter and it works great.

We just bought Mares Quad Airs and will have the transmitters on the right, SPGs on the left and wear the computers on our left as we've always done. I'll be interested to see if they drop signal at all next month when we fully test them. I just like the redundancy of the SPG. I have it on a 24" miflex hose and it'll be out of the way until I need it. I don't want to call a dive if i don't have to.

Crud. Sorry, I just realized this was in the Shearwater forum.
yes, I still feel more comfortable with my SPG too as my redundant tool to know my tank pressure. That's how this discussion actually started -- my first stage configuration would only allow me to mount the transmitter on the right (with the Teric on my left wrist), but as noted no issues for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom