Another warranty question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1011ster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear Phil and Zack,

I know we have beaten the warranty thing to death, but please bear with me for one final time!
Having recently purchased an all Mares set (and I mean ALL MARES!), and having done so mostly through the internet but only through authorized Mares dealers (checked the Mares website for verification!), especially after an older thread about warranty, reading through the Mares website Mares - stand for diving regarding warranties I quote " In case the MARES Product was purchased abroad the regional MARES distributor of your home country will render the respective warranty service (pls. refer to MARES distributors on Mares - stand for diving). Please note that the regional MARES distributor is entitled to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty expenses related to a warranty claim for purchases made abroad.
MARES will refuse warranty service if the Product was purchased via the Internet or NOT purchased from an Authorized MARES dealer as listed on Mares - stand for diving .
"

Which leads me to the question: Even though I did all my buys from Authorized Mares Dealers, and they strictly specify in their sites that they will undertake any warranty service if I do not wish to deal with the local Mares Distributor, does the fact that since they were all internet buys negate the warranty? Will the local (Greek) Distributor, not undertake the return of my product to Mares (charging the appropriate fee as stated in the quoted paragraph) for the same reason? Or is the last phrase in the quote not worded correctly (i.e. ... was purchase via the internet NOT from an Authorized Mares dealer...). If Mares voids internet purchase warranties from Authorized dealers, why do they allow them to sell over the internet?
Your enlightenment is needed!
Best regards
1011ster

1011ster,

If you purchase a Mares product from an authorized mares dealer, internet or otherwise, your warranty is valid. Must be a misprint. I will later look at the site to reference what you are talking about and suggest to our IT department to word it properly.

Please feel confident, should you have any warranty issues, you will be taken care of. Please be sure to save the receipts! This is most important.

Thanks again for your brand support, we appreciate you.

Zak

Most probably, this was... Lost in translation... These things happen... Especially when you have to translate all your documentation into a Gazillion different languages!

Cheers!:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom