Another vandalism (Bahura)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry,
Thats actually one of the points I was talking about in my first post. There is a big difference in mindset, training and interpersonal relationship skills of divemasters in Anilao and Puerto Galera. Most especially the dive guides. They are local folks who do this for a living and people who are not very opinionated about stuff like environmental conservation. The last thing they would probably do is have the balls to reprimand a diver in an occasion like that for fear of losing their job. I also would think that even other Filipino divemasters/instructors would not engage a diver the way the AD DM did. Its filipino culture, prudent, non-abrassive, non-confrontational (which is something I also observe everyday at work).

Thats why I think the training for divemasters should be up a bit (or divemaster candidates are really chosen well) especially anilao or manila based divemasters.

Jai,
I agree with your observation regarding the difference in the dive guides coming from Manila, PG and Anilao. This is the reason we are working with the Mabini dive guides through training them more using underwaterphotography as the main topic. The next will be personality development and character building in October.

I would like to ask if any one in the list has noticed a lot of shells of oyster, mother of pearl or butterfly wing? littered around the dive sites? It looks like someone or some people are making pulutan out of them.

Joel

pulutan?

solanabezo:
Jai,
I agree with your observation regarding the difference in the dive guides coming from Manila, PG and Anilao. This is the reason we are working with the Mabini dive guides through training them more using underwaterphotography as the main topic. The next will be personality development and character building in October.

I would like to ask if any one in the list has noticed a lot of shells of oyster, mother of pearl or butterfly wing? littered around the dive sites? It looks like someone or some people are making pulutan out of them.

Joel
Beatrice and Koala

Ok lang....got it now.

Back
Top Bottom