Another tank question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtcpl2

Reaction score
I am in the market for a 120 size steel tank and would like it to be 8 inch dia. I see that there are several different brands, painted, galvanized ect and would like to know if one is better than another and if so why? I am leaning towards the PST 119 but before I make a purchase I would like everyones opinion.

Im a big guy so the weight is not an issue for me and I like to do a lot of shallow water diving so Im looking to max my bottom time but do not want to go to the 130's esp since this is my first tank. That could be down the road.

Thank you

I'm 5'9 and dove the 130s as singles for a while before I doubled them up.

Galvanized steel tanks last a loooong time. Get the tank you really want the first time so you don't have to worry about it in the future.

The PST tanks are the only ones currently on the market in an 8" diameter with a fill pressure of 3442. Worthington is supposed to be coming out with some, but your other choices in 8" diameter at the moment are LP95's (same size as that PST 119) and LP104s (same size as the PST 130).

Back
Top Bottom