Another "Rate My Gear" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djminus1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK...I TOO just got a new setup and am desperately seeking approval from Scubaboard elites. :D

REG: Oceanic Delta 4
OCTO: Oceanic Slimline 2
BCD: Aeris Atmos XT
GAUGES: Oceanic Swiv Navcon
COMP: Suunto Mosquito
MASK: Edge Panoramic Low Mask
FINS: Oceanic Viper
SNORKEL: Oceanic Ultra Dry

All for around $1400. I spent weeks pricing this stuff out. I think I got a good deal?? :confused:

What do you think?

OK...I TOO just got a new setup and am desperately seeking approval from ScubaBoard elites. :D

BCD: Aeris ATMOS XT

All for around $1400. I spent weeks pricing this stuff out. I think I got a good deal?? :confused:

What do you think?

I don't know about the total pricing but I own the same BC as you are considering and like it.

Having said that the ATMOS XT is an older model and has been superseded by the Aeris ATMOS LX around a year ago.

Make sure the seller is giving you a sizable discount for buying a discontinued item.

Just curious, what difference does it make whether the so called "elites" approve of your gear? Sounds like you've made your purchase already. FWIW I don't know much about your specific gear but I hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of it. Congrats!

OK...I TOO just got a new setup and am desperately seeking approval from Scubaboard elites. :D

BCD: Aeris Atmos XT

What do you think?

May I ask why are you going with the Delta 4 reg and the Suunto computer? You dont like the Oceanic comp's?

I'm not familiar with most of what you list, but I like my Mosquito because I can wear it as a watch on a dive trip as well as using it as a computer. My only complaint about it is that, due to the small size, the display numbers are difficult for me to see, even with bifocals in my mask. If you are young and plan to do most of your diving in clear water with good ambient light, that won't bother you.

May I ask why are you going with the Delta 4 reg and the Suunto computer? You dont like the Oceanic comp's?

I got a good deal on a mosquito. I do like the Oceanic comps.

I don't know about the total pricing but I own the same BC as you are considering and like it.
Having said that the ATMOS XT is an older model and has been superseded by the Aeris ATMOS LX around a year ago.
Make sure the seller is giving you a sizable discount for buying a discontinued item.

It was heavily discounted. I do like the LX better, but the price difference was large.

Hi djminus1,
I'm not farmilliar with most of the gear you've purchased, but can certainly understand your look for approval. I think most people do, at least to some degree. However what's ultimately important here (I'm sure most would agree) is not that others like your equipment, but that you're comfortable and safe using it. Then secondly, that you paid a fair price.

Happy diving...
K

Looks good from here :) if you can dive with it who cares? :D

My only question is you plan to snorkel a lot also? I ask because a dry snorkel won't help you much 30 ft below the seas :D
I tend to try to get something in this price range: Akona Caicos Snorkel from LeisurePro.com
since I barely ever use mine, even when it is on my mask.

Last edited:
Looks good from here :) if you can dive with it who cares? :D

Agreed. Answers would have been different if the questions was posed before making the purchase!

Back
Top Bottom