another question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For recreational depths and time, the different models produce reasonably similar results-- the RGBM, for instance, closely tracks the U.S. Navy table within recreational depths and times. If you wish to understand the intricacies of each model, you'll need to do some fairly heavy reading, especially for bubble models.

Mares uses its proprietary blend of the Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM). Suunto uses its own version of the RGBM. Aeris essentially "looks up" the information from the PADI/DSAT RDP database. Scubapro/Uwatec, TUSA, and DiveRite use the Buhlmann model, ZHL-8 or ZHL-16 depending on the computer.

I read on an old SB post that someone failed the test "Divemaster Conducted Programs" because he didn't know the standards. I know they are all in the Instructor's Manual (I will buy one when I recover the 40% of my money lost in the market). He said that the Standards can be downloaded from PADI's website. Anyone know where to find this spot (seems unlikely to me that PADI would let you copy something from the Inst. Manual, no?)? I know you can use the Manual on the exams, but I'd like to see the standards ahead of time for my own knowledge as well as helping me on the test. Thanks in advance.

Interesting enough, I received a CD-ROM with my books called "Instructor manual for Divemaster-conducted programs", which has the standards. I haven't found where the standards can downloaded from the PADI website either, as a public user. If you are an instructor and have a log in, yes, you can.

The "crew pack" for the Divemaster comes with that CD. If you don't have it, ask your instructor if you can use his CD for his instructors manual to become familiar with where the standards are located and how to find them easily.

Thanks guys- I'll have to pick up that CD ROM-I bought parts of the crew pack at 2 LDSs. PANAMKAT: I may have asked you before (?), and this is not the right place, but have you had any experiences with Panama Divers op out of Portobelo? I've heard good things and they allow shell collecting, so I plan a week there in the winter (hopefully to celebrate getting my DM). Any reports you may have on them would be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom