Another newbie photographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.R.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My dive buddy (wife) and just got back from some diving in the Keys... her first diving in open water since class... my second since about 30 years ago. So, as it was an experiment in firsts... we took the camera stuff down...

Nikon L3 point and shoot digital in a Fantasea case...
Sony 940 camcorder in a used TopDawg housing...

No lights yet... but... ummm... starting to research what I need.

Have a Nikon D70 that I haven't worked up the guts yet to buy a case for and see how well the seal works (I've been reading around the photography section and have read the "not IF... it's WHEN" posts regarding housing flooding).

Also have an old Sony TRV-11 that will work in the TopDawg... when I get comfortable with it I'll probably switch from the CCD camera to the Digital...

Anyway... put 5 pics up in the photos area... comments, wisecracks, humorous asides, wisdom and other input welcome...

(These are some of the better pics that have been slightly tweeked in photoshop to correct for the lack of lights... the hour or so of video I shot came out pretty well... but definately need lights there too...)

Also discovered that focusing on your camera work helps immensely with lowering your air consumption... and doesn't hurt bouyancy control... so what other discoveries are lurking out there for me???

alcina:
Where are your photos? Link please :wink:

Or better yet, put them in this thread - there's a "how to" post in the Pink Link (also a Sticky) in my signature!

Hummm... should have read more directions... I used the 'upload' and picked the categories. A search under "J.R." brings em' up. Guess I should have put them in my own area??? Also have album J.R.:snapshots (or some such)

Will review the sticky... thanks...

Back
Top Bottom