Another lousy Coz report...He hehehe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Walton

Contributor
Reaction score
I will post the entire report in the mexico trip section but here is just a sampling.

4 days, 10 dives, 2 of which were night dives. First night dive was Tuesday in Chac. Balloons, then Wednesday on Paradise.

We also saw cedral wall, el paso cedral cave, delila, Punta Sur from the first coral head all the way through devils throat, 2 dives in columbia shallows (this was the last day of diving, the first was 96 mins. followed by the 2nd of 115 mins.....great day) and santa rosa wall.

We saw everything except a sea horse. Several toad fish, lots of large stingrays and smaller spotted ones as well, several nurse sharks and a few black tips in punta sur and columbia shallows, several turtles, three in one dive (again columbia shallows) huge parrot fish, crabs, lobsters, wee spotted drum, octopus, 6 wee little squid, oh and one Spotted EAGLE RAY.

Oh, also the captain put us infront of a dolphin which we hopped in and snorkled with for a breif moment.

Punta sur and Devils throat was an awsome experiance. 37 mins at depth, below 95 feet, with a maximum of just below 130. It was a deco dive which resulted in 28 mins of deco for me, 34 mins for the dm (we were both using suunto computers but he had been doing much more diving than me and had more residual N). It was exciting at times, relaxing at times, inspiring. It was my first trip to punta sur and could not believe how huge everything was.

Once again, love Living Underwater. They are the best. Dive group was comprised of just 3 of us. All the same group for the entire week with three additional dives that were just the DM and myself. Best customer service I have experianced. Big tanks, less to no additional weight needed. Just lots of fun.

Thanks for listening. I will try to post pics if any turn out well.

Bill

Wanna trade? :wink:

You've named all my favorite spots!

You baaad!

I ain't done punta sur in 5 years (I know, my fault).

Play with the octopuses on nite dive?

Dolphin? Only ones I saw a couple of weeks ago were the ones at Chankanaab Park playin'. Never did get close to the ones we saw on earlier trips a few years ago.

You bad, you bad, you bad. And how much bottom time again?...OMG

How were the currents?

When we were on cedral wall and pass there was substantial currents. On punta sur and everywhere else there was none to speak of and had to kick our way along a good portion of the time.

I got some great picks of the biggest nurse shark...up close and personal....and the green moray... I am buying a scanner tonight and will get them up on the web soon.

Bill

were the "stroll in the park" the week before, just get carried along. Changes daily, of course.

You're baad. I didn't see any black tips this time. Just nurses.

Get the pics up!
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom