Another looking for a light thread...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QBit

Registered
Reaction score
I am living in Southeast Asia many places.
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

I am searching for a light, and I cant find any one out there.

I wanted to buy the Fantasea LED 44, but it was not made anymore.
I wanted to buy the Fantasea LED 360, but it was not made anymore either.

I want a bright light, that uses 4 AA batteries (or less), for a primary light and that can be used as an aiming light for my camera. Does anyone know of such a light?!?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I'd call it a primary light, but you might want to look at the Princeton Tec Impact XL LED. If you'd be ok with a slightly larger light, I know several people who use and recommend the Princeton Tec Torrent LED, which usus 8 AA batteries, but is quite bright for its size and weight.

Hello!

I am searching for a light, and I cant find any one out there.

I wanted to buy the Fantasea LED 44, but it was not made anymore.
I wanted to buy the Fantasea LED 360, but it was not made anymore either.

I want a bright light, that uses 4 AA batteries (or less), for a primary light and that can be used as an aiming light for my camera. Does anyone know of such a light?!?

Thanks!

Try the Intove 4.7 Watt led dive light for around $50. It puts out around 130 lumens and uses Two CR123'a batteries (small batteries).

If you have to have AA you'll get the typical plastic light with less light and greater battery discharge in many cases. I don't know of any real standouts in that category.

Ok,

Well then i guess it doesnt matter so much about the battery- except to say that I would like to get something that can use rechargeable batteries. (and maybe in an even number, like 4, or 8)
And hopefully able to attach to camera arm.
Anything out there?

If you want to use AA and buy a very rugged, excellent, bright light that is perfect for daytime critter spotting, for use as a camera focus light, and an outstanding night light, check out the Nocturnal Light SLX....or any Nocturnal Light. We've had ours for over 4 years and their aluminum construction has been bullet proof. Not cheap, but worth every penny IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom