Another issue with digital compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Sol digital compass, and I think they're all like that, does not show a lubber line. This really means that to get accuracy you need to bend your elbow at 90 degrees. In my SK7 I can rotate the lubber line so the elbow can be held at a more comfortable angle. All I do with the SK7 is bend the elbow so the lubber line points forward.

It's too bad the firmware cannot show a lubber line that you could rotate an angle set in a preference.

Adam

I have been told off twice for my replies to this thread so I will just shake my head and walk away.

My opening statement has one error. The digital compass does have a virtual lubber line, but it's fixed at right angle to the forearm. In an analog compass you can rotate the lubber line so it points forward while your elbow is at a more relaxed angle. In the digital compass it's simply a software option that has not yet been offered.

Adam

Last edited:
Maybe because so few people see a need for it?

Maybe because so few people see a need for it?

Perhaps, but it's so easy to add, just as a confirmation before a bearing is deleted. For example I see little use in diving to be able to adjust the declination, and it's not offered in analog diving compasses, but it's so easy to add in a digital compass and I don't mind it being there. I just set the declination to zero.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom