Another great annisversary in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It's been a busy week since we've returned last Saturday night, but I just had to post a short report of our eight days of bliss.
Flew down on Friday, Continential Air had cut back to just the afternoon flight so we didn't get in until 2+ and a downpour greeted us on the "van" ride to the Casa Mexicana.
I have to say, it's a gem of a hotel. Downtown, makes it nice to take a short stroll to the excellent resturants and visiting with the locals and photos of the kids at Sunday night's activities on the square.
The hotel has free innernet connections in the rooms along with a most impressive breakfast buffet (eggs cooked to order and super coffee!) 8 nights was like only 30-40 bucks more than last years stay at PLG! And this place is new.....well, just a couple yrs old, anyways...and yes, I brushed my teeth, gargled and drank a bit of the water without any ill effects... must be an immune system problem with some folks, I reckon....:wink:
Changed diving ops after the first day of diving with our regular...he failed to let us know his larger boat was out of service and the so called "fast boat" was over crowded with 5 divers and 2 snorklers.
Slow season in Coz, (Just happens to fall on our annisversary of Oct 4) makes for some great deals on diving! Visited with a couple shops and low and behold, 25 paces from our doorstep, Aqua Safari made us a deal we couldn't refuse..and to our delight, had some great dive masters and crew...and a head on the boat. They served ham and cheese or apple cressants and fruit, along with soft drinks on the s.i. and we're sold....
After the first day, the tailing dm led us through the best of the best while the yo-yos chased out ahead. We made 16 dives in 7 days, from Columbia deep through Palancar (gardens, caves, bricks, horseshoe), Paso Cedral, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Trementos, Yucab, Paradise, Chakanab, Villa Blanca, Punta Tunich....to name the ones I remeber without the log handy. Columbia deep was ripping....Bren and I hit the sand and crawled out to the wall at about 95fsw and made the ride. Horseshoe, Bricks and Paradise at night were extremely light and excellent for photos.... I'll get some posted in the weeks ahead.
Made a good deal on Nitrox, so we used it on multi-dive days. The weather was great, with a few late night showers.

Thanks to Luis Miguel for the excellent photos and video..... we'll see you next year!

tony

Nice report. Anything new restaurant wise?

Yeah!! Sound great, I can't wait (3 weeks to go).
We saw the Casa Mexicana last year, and contemplated it (Among many others) for this years' trip. F.Americana won out, this time.

I'm thinking of Nitrox too, as we're doing 3 a day for 5 days plus maybe some more...it's supposed to be a holiday, I have to rememeber.

Anything new restaurant wise?

Rock & Java has moved a couple doors down to a nice newly remodeled, roomier local. Still has the great sandwishes and pasta and potato salads, and desserts to die for.... along with the best bottomless tea in San Miguel....

Hope you have a safe and fun trip Deep!

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom