Another fire on a Red Sea LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Diving Liveaboard issue, May 2022
1652390323125.png

You can say that again ...

These are worrying incidents to say the least.

While the vast majority of boats are safe and well run, the possibility of an onboard fire reminds us of the importance of having travel/ID documents, meds and other important items in a dry/go bag close at hand in the event of an emergency.

There are so many LOBs and cruises that you could LOBs every year and the odds are highly against you ever experiencing even a minor fire. Still, all of the LOB fires I know about, except Conception, have been in the Red Sea. Too many to be coincidence. That is a horrible and unacceptable way to lose your life. I will pay the premium rate to get a cabin on main deck if not top deck.
Exactly. I only stay above the water line since the Conception.

So for those that have been on Red Sea Live Aboard's......... is the power generated to the cabin electrical outlets 120V / 60Hz...... or is it 220v as is typical in Egypt and requiring an adaptor?

Also, are there rules about charging camera and light batteries in your cabin?

All the boats I have been on have been 220v.

There always seems to be a charge station on deck for camera and torch batteries. Normally at the first briefing they say that batteries aren’t to be charged in cabins, and phones and tablets can only be charged while you are in the cabin.

Back
Top Bottom