Another Fan of Lake Travis Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure that bug has been the death of many flat screen soft panel monitors.
I don't know what ya'll are talkin' about...I never try to squish it. :D

My wife saw it on my monitor and told me to close the screen door because bugs were getting in. Thanks K-valve, as if I need another thing to be blamed for at home......
I told her to kill it herself, but had to stop her when she was about to blast my notebook monitor with RAID.

The recovery, though unsuccessful, was quite interesting.

Hey, Bill recovered a pair of sunglasses and you found the gaiter that I lost at old SCUBA park a few weeks ago. I count that as a couple of successes. :)

True. So, unsuccessful in the anchor mission but now Bill has an excuse to go back.

The recovery, though unsuccessful...
No worries, I found an anchor while diving with Robert on Saturday. Ya'll can give it to the guy who lost his if u want. :)

I went out for the first time on The Giant Stride w/ 5 other divers on Memorial Day - we went to the old scuba park and then to Starnes (the vis at Starnes was really good - we still had sunlight at 55 feet). I actually showed up a little grumpy (icky weather, and the cynical cheapskate in me was wondering if ANY trip on Lake Travis was going to be worth $40) but I had a great time!

IMHO, the Lake Travis Scuba operation is A1, A+, two thumbs up, First Rate,
All Good... I was quite impressed. The customer service was professional, competent, and good ol' fashioned Texas-friendly from the moment I filled out the forms (online) up through the time we were dropped off in the parking lot afterwards (via golf cart - no carting gear long distances). The boat is beautiful, comfortable, well-suited for diving (single tanks or doubles), and has everything safety-related that you could possibly want and hopefully never need (including an AED, backboard, and safety sausages & whistles for all divers!). Robert is a really good host, appears to have thought everything through enough to anticipate any diving-related needs ahead of time, and seems to be really committed to doing everything possible to make sure people have good dives. He even showed us laminated pictures of Lake Travis during the building of the dam, pre-flood - we could see what Starnes Island looked like "before" (too cool!). Plus, somehow he also managed to make sure that all the people on the boat were fun to dive/hang out with... :wink:

It was worth every penny, and I'm joining the fan club... definitely will be going out again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom