Another failed America's Cup bid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
My god you a bitter little man.....
Much like soccer, it's not that huge of a sport in the US. Many sailors but few racers.
Is that directed at me? :D

I'm not bitter at all - I'm just pointing out that these days all sport has become a lot more focussed and professional. Where ANY country concentrates money and resources on it they generally get much further up the ladder.
All I'm saying is that the days when the US generally spent much more than everyone else have gone, so they don't win as much as they used to. I'm sure if they concentrated as much to do something as for instance Australia does in several sports, they'd probably be very successful. As for soccer - I fully expect the US to do increasingly better as time goes by. You don't buy players like Beckham if you aren't interested in it! :wink:

Beckham is over the hill ... why he's coming here in the first place

i'm a pessimist, Kim ... i don't think soccer jives with the American psyche ... i don't think it will ever get popular here to the extent even the NHL is popular, much less the NBA or the NFL or MLB

H2Andy:

i'm a pessimist, Kim ... i don't think soccer jives with the American psyche ... i don't think it will ever get popular here to the extent even the NHL is popular, much less the NBA or the NFL
Well we'll see. I think that like France the interest might increase if your national team starts winning more often.
As for Beckham - his coach in Madrid tried unsuccessfully to keep him on the bench but was forced to play him. Madrid has won the Spanish league I believe. He can still play. Anyway - a lot of it is the experience and knowledge he brings with him to train YOUR guys. That's what they've paid for.

Kim:
a lot of it is the experience and knowledge he brings with him to train YOUR guys. That's what they've paid for.

yup

it's a good move for an inferior league

almitywife:
*sniff* that day in '83 was just beautiful :D

ausII.gif
1983_001.jpg
:mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

Yes Kim it was....

America's Cup --big deal & so what?

Nobody in the World can compete with the USA in Swimming; even trounced the Aussies at their National Sport in their own backyard. . .

H2Andy:

i'm a pessimist, Kim ... i don't think soccer jives with the American psyche ... i don't think it will ever get popular here to the extent even the NHL is popular, much less the NBA or the NFL or MLB
Lets not forget the PRB and PRCA

Kevrumbo:
America's Cup --big deal & so what?

Nobody in the World can compete with the USA in Swimming; even trounced the Aussies at their National Sport in their own backyard. . .
typical yanks... peaking way too early :wink: olympics aint till next year :D

Back
Top Bottom