Another end of dive collapse...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris, wow... what an experience.... just amazing

you tell it very well, very vividly

i'm happy you're ok now, but i'm sure not as happy as you are

MikeM878:
Joe,

Did you do a Navy Table 6 or a Table 6-A (to 165 ?).
They told me "Table 6" and when I looked over the tech's shoulder while watching Joe relaxing in the chamber there was a table 6 chart on the tech's desk. Circumstantial evidence, I know, but my money's on a straight table six. On the other hand, Joe made a passing reference to "six atmospheres" during one of our chats the other day... so...
Rick :)

on a related note, what is the consensus explanation for what happened?

H2Andy:
on a related note, what is the consensus explanation for what happened?
Jury's still out AFAIK. We hope the docs will be able to pin it down so it can be safely avoided in the future and he can get back to diving with confidence.
Rick

Thank God I am alive. I hate being a statistic but I rather be a live statistic, than a dead one.

Amen to that.

Thanks, Chris, for calling and letting me know what happened. Keep me informed as to what you learn about the cause of the incident.

BTW, you mentioned several times that you were concerned about throwing up, did you feel nauseous?

Hey everyone - thank you for the well wishes - an update,
I have been to the doctor and he has been working with DAN. I went for some stroke tests and they came out negative. We can only narrow it down to, I did not have a stroke. My Dr. and DAN believe I had a spinal bubble. I asked my doctor if there was a test for this and he said no. DAN believes that the scope did not have anything to do with my accident since the Navy has been using it for years without problems. The chamber ride, I thought, was a navy 6. I will look at the hospital bill and see what it says. I will let you know how the ride was soon (time).

Oh yeah - no I was not going to throw-up. When I get dizzy i throw-up - since I kept my eyes closed, I did not get dizzy, and as a result I did not toss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom