Another Ebay scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kidspot,

I have e-mailed most of the bidders and let them know that whomever wins will be the recipient of a sudden fit of benevolence on my part.

Obviously the mission was to make sure people didn't lose money on a rebreather fraud, and to that end it is mission accomplished. The auction for th eother rebreather has been removed.

Some whiny types of the Inspiration listserve cried about some non-diving related chatter, claming anyone who gets ripped off it is too bad, but if BJD's kit got stolen, even a non-YBOD, I would sure look out for him, and I know others would do the same for me-I like the one big happy family concept (right now is when the theme song from Barney comes in)

I did have fun writing the auction copy though...

I didn't think you would actually charge them - but it sure was funny to see how little people pay attention to what they are bidding on - lol

DyperBoi:
Kidspot,

I have e-mailed most of the bidders and let them know that whomever wins will be the recipient of a sudden fit of benevolence on my part.

Obviously the mission was to make sure people didn't lose money on a rebreather fraud, and to that end it is mission accomplished. The auction for th eother rebreather has been removed.

Some whiny types of the Inspiration listserve cried about some non-diving related chatter, claming anyone who gets ripped off it is too bad, but if BJD's kit got stolen, even a non-YBOD, I would sure look out for him, and I know others would do the same for me-I like the one big happy family concept (right now is when the theme song from Barney comes in)

I did have fun writing the auction copy though...

kidspot:
I didn't think you would actually charge them - but it sure was funny to see how little people pay attention to what they are bidding on - lol

One guy placed a bid on it for $50 some dollars, then he placed a bid retraction, which is no big deal as I never intended on accewpting any $, but the dweeb writes the reason for his bid retraction is the seller revised the listing.

Now if any of you have ever sold anything on E-Bay you would know that once the first bid is placed, you cannot revise the text in a listing. You can revise text prior to the first bid.

So if you look at this characters bid date and bid retration via the bid history, you would see he is a liar. Now it makes me look bad when some bonehead claims I revised a listing after people bid, but again, E-Bays software renders that impossible.

So I send an e-mail to E-Bay saying I wish to deal with the lame claim-the idiots send me a response saying the person I wish to complain about is not involved in the auction. I think these people don't actually read e-mails......

So here is my response to their goon along with my parody of their nauseatingly forced and scripted pleasantry:

Hello Lynn,

My name is XXXX and I will be handling your refusal to read e-mails sent to you.

As referenced, apparently you replied to my original e-mail without actually reading it. Please read it now, as it causes the average person to conclude that the person IS involved in a transaction with me.

Now I know being found to have not read it must cause frustration on your part, and I certainly sympathize with you, but I am sure you can understand that to reply to an e-mail, most people's policy is you must actually read something before replying to it. This policy is for your own protection and do know that we are doing all we can to get you to actually read e-mails before replying to them, something, most 3rd graders comprehend the value of.

We have found in the past that when people try to respond to e-mails without reading them, they don't meet with much success and people think they are stupid, so if you read it now, you will find it very helpful.

If you have any further questions, let me know, otherwise, you can go to the FAQ's at our website address of:

www.CommonSense4ThoseWhomHaveNone.com

Enjoy the Holidays!

Sincereley-XXXX-CommonSense Customer Support Team 4 the cerebrally differently abled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom