Another Ebay scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear arizonaphaz,

OK!!
Man, they charged a lot of money online to take a credit card, so I went down to the Western Union at Safeway and paid them cash.

The control number is 8139684492

The guys at Safeway said that Western Union had computer problems that should be cleared up quick. Let me know if you need a receipt scan sent to you, as I have it right here.

send it to: 1904 SE Woodward, Portland OR 97202

So the bid has already gone up, I am hoping that you will still sell it to me? Please don't report me to Ebay. My brother-in-law lives in Phoenix, BTW

To respond to the question online, go to the URL below. You will have the option to display your response directly on your item page.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RespondToQuestion&iid=7121908316&qid=441676157

================================================================================
Item # / Item Title End Date
================================================================================
7121908316 Dec-22-04
Brand new Inspiration Closed Circuit

Thank you,
[Deleted]

Yep, I think we lost our chance at having fun. The mail bounced, so it looks like yahoo closed his account. I think the first error is an error. I can't imagine that yahoo is denying e-mail from the ebay mail servers, so the second is more appropriate: user unknown? Will see what happens. I sent the scammer a yahoo IM.

The original message was received at Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:39:42 -0800
from sj-v3conta08.sjc.ebay.com [10.6.189.185]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<arizona_phaz@yahoo.com>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 <arizona_phaz@yahoo.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.19])

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to fallback-mx.vip.ebay.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 <arizona_phaz@yahoo.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.19]
550 5.1.1 <arizona_phaz@yahoo.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

teksimple:
Yep, I think we lost our chance at having fun.............

I wanted everyone on the Inspiration list to contact this guy (thru Ebay) and say they were interested in this unit................Imagine him getting over 1,000 emails........... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: He'd ever get a chance to clear his mailbox......... :eyecrazy:

teksimple:
OK, he takes the bait!

To: [deleted]
Cc:
Subject: - Brand new Inspiration Closed Circuit
Date: December 17, 2004
Time: 00:52:21 Asia/Kuwait

Dear sir

The Inspiration Closed Circuit are Brand new in 2 year waranty.The price it's 999$ and i will pay for shipping taxess.The payment must be done online to me via western union, to find an
agent or send money online pls visit www.westernunion.com
This are the payment details:
name: PAT SHOEMAKE
adress:4250 east cotton blvd
city PHOENIX
state:Arizon
zip cod:85040
After you made the transfer pls send me the following informations:
1. 10 digit MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number):
2. Exact sender's name on file with Western Union:
3. Your street address on file with Western Union:
4. City and country where you sent the money from:
5. Amount sent:
The shipping will take 2-3 days via UPS.
Besst Regards

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.

His e-mail header shows that he is coming from an AOL dialup IP address
Message-ID: <20041216215222.67836.qmail@web61205.mail.yahoo.com>
Received: from [172.181.120.120] by web61205.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:52:21 PST

I looked up his address on USPS and Mapquest with the same result: that address does not exist in Phoenix, Arizona. You think he doesn't want anyone to pay him a visit, now, go figure!

Let's see, what should I do now.....

1. Send him an e-mail asking for his real address and phone number?
2. Ask him to do the transaction through an escrow service?
3. Win the bid and report it to Ebay abuse?

He sent me the same email, i knew it was a scam when he only wanted $1000.00 bucks for a $8,000 unit!

I got a good laugh out of your ad. . . I can't believe people are bidding on it though - so are you willing to sell multiple copies of your information pack for not the advertised price of $56.95 but the amazing new low price of only $39.95 and if we order now do we get the free ginsu dive knife?

Tim
DyperBoi:
E-Bay knowingly allows fraud, as I guess they profit off of it still.

In any event, I took care of the guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7122161411&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

The bidding is up to $56????? And you didn't have to lug around a grilled cheese sandwich for 10 years! At this rate, you're gonna make enough to stock 10 YBOD's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom