Another Dumb Question - Mixing manufacturer Second Stages on 1 First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pic, as promised.

MechDiver once bubbled...

Hmm. The vacuum tubing wouldn't stretch, right? Don't think I would like that, but you have your loop the same as I do.

MD

Actually, that is one of the reasons I like the vacuum tubing. I tried surgical tubing first, and didnt like the "stretch." Seemed to me that it had more of a tendency to hang where I didnt want it.

We're Kelp crawlers here in So Cal - I love diving in the kelp. I'm pretty much an anti-dangler by design. It amazes me, all the crapola people have hanging off themselves.

When they get back in the boat, they look like SwampThing - with kelp sort of hanging all over them. Too funny.

That's a big reason I went with the AirSource. It sits close, it doesn't dangle, and the biggie is because we donate from the mouth - wifie and I have long (probably 48" or so) on our primaries for that reason. We drill about every other dive - just to stay sharp. Its wasy to donate from the working reg and grab the AirSource.

I do, however like the idea of a second under my chin.

I'm fired up.

K

yikes. Imagine too much stretch during a Kelp dive.... blam.

Stars.

Tooth.

Can I blow a tooth through my Atomic Bubble Deflector? Maybe through the new M1. I'll need to look into that.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
yikes. Imagine too much stretch during a Kelp dive.... blam.

Stars.

Tooth.

Can I blow a tooth through my Atomic Bubble Deflector? Maybe through the new M1. I'll need to look into that.

K

You may want to tie off the second to your crotch strap d-ring. That way, if the second gets hung up on the kelp and snaps up into your mouth, it will pull the strap up into your crotch. You will still loose the tooth, but your ba**s will hurt so bad you won't notice :wink:

Thats why we add Round Up to Puget Sound, to get rid of all that pesky stuff.

MD

Nice. I wondered what other purpose a crotch strap served :)

We love the stuff down here. Nothing else like it. I'll take diving in the cool water Kelp (forest) over diving in the warm water (desert) anytime.

It was so creepy - my first dive in warm water. No Kelp - no vertical reference. Sort of threw my points of reference off.

Our lives are full of vertical references - from door frames, to telephone poles, to buildings, to the tan lines in the back of a McDonald's french fries box (!) They're everywhere, and we're connected to the ground most of the time, so the references all have an anchor point.

That trip (to East Cape, Mexico) was the first time I ever really "got" the whole 3-d experience with diving. My wife and the group were sort of floating in mid water column - I was above them looking down - at a perfectly barren sandy bottom. Only their bubble rise served as the vertical reference.

It was the most amazing feeling - and one of the most disorienting ones. No connection to the bottom, to visual sense of depth (all the stuff I usually use - the Kelp strands, the coral life, the growth on the rocks, the fish, the temperature...there was nothing familiar) only my gauges and squeeze to provide depth confirmation. It was really eerie.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom