Another dock dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, do you have GPS coordinates for the pinnacle? My TG-6 camera has GPS, and I might finally find a use for it.

Edit: Here's an interesting map, from Old Marineland at Rancho Palos Verdes, California

old-marine-land-beach-dive-ca.jpeg

Thanks! The TG-6 unfortunately doesn't show any decimal places for the arc-second, which limits its accuracy. If I can figure out whether it rounds or truncates, then I should be able to get within ~20 feet of the site.

I dived the Pipe again. It was very surgy and the visibility was worse, but I went out a little farther, I think three supports after the pipe goes above the sand. Very pretty site, with lots to explore. I saw some Spanish shawls laying eggs, and spent some time with this guy.

VeHiyQ1.jpg

jmMZ5Ir.jpg

ORC5yya.jpg

Great find! I think the last one is Coryphella sp.
I've never seen one, but another one was found last year on the elevated pipe. I darkened your image so I could double-check to see that I don't have that one in my collection.
mt2WP9x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom