Another diver died this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think more people are diving so there are more accidents.

But it should be the other way around.
After all these years, accidents happen for similar reasons as the ones before. What about all the safety talk we learn since taking the basics diving lessons?

I'll bet a lot more people are dying on the golf course these days too...
Sean
:rofl3:

The reality is we may never know why this young man died but he apparently had a lot of experince - it's not uncommon for the last diver to come up a few miniutes behind his dive team - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out he lost conscience for some reason and died when he ran out of air - he knew his dive team had returned to the surface and would have monitored his psi - he did not just run out of air - in any case accidents happen - may God be with him and his family - Dennis

Why would you say that? That would be my first guess as to what happened. Spearfishing + Deep Dive + Narcosis (Nitrogen or Inert-Gas) + Heavy Fish on Stringer + Fighting Large Ling = Out of Air.

My wife and I were discussing this incident during a long drive yesterday (since it happened in our back yard so to speak). She was voicing her concerns, etc., about me running out of air sometime. I'm new and all, but I can't help myself looking at my psi gauge every 5 or so minutes even while spring diving less than 60 ft.

DiverDurf, your practice of frequently checking your air supply is a good habit. Keep it up.

And, don't dive without a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom