Another BP/W Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't seen a cost effective replacement part for bespoke bladders (any with the welded/glued in flange), but I have made washers for someone to deal with the larger hole size. PM me if your interested.

I believe Happy was referring to buying actual SP parts, but there marketing methods in the US make it extra difficult for us to get here.

Respectfully,

James

I ended up replacing all of them with the DGX flange kits. Not sure how I feel about the repair.... The flanges only give you about 0.125" of sealing surface if the seal and flange stays perfectly centered which is hard to keep centered once you start tightening. I probably need to mark the flange outlines once centered and re-thread to ensure they stay centered while tightening. That said it seems to be holding air with me eye balling center and tightening. I did a lot of searching for SP repair kits and could not find repair parts here in the US. As you stated they don't appear to want customers to repair. It seems like I need to get Steve Wozniak on the case....

I like stainless plate. Some claim you can't travel with it, BS. I just brought mine to FL in my carry-on with the other essential gear.

I dive halycon and really like it. They are expensive but they also replaced a 12 year old wing as if it was under warranty, they are like 90 to 95 percent made in the US including materials. Just my 2 psi
I am also a Halcyon guy. Love it. Ss plate. Not a problem to travel with.

I dive Halcyon too. Something to watch out for: the wing nuts can work loose. I replaced them with Delrin nuts

Back
Top Bottom