Another airline abuse story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either it wasn't full, they bumped people (or took volunteers), or they substituted a larger aircraft -- all of which happen routinely.
Because they knew they could get away with the practice in many countries.
They would have to think twice if DEPARTING from EU to a non EU country.

My trip insurance declined my claim "As the documentation on file does not indicate your interruption was due to a complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least 12 consecutive hours due to an unannounced strike, inclement weather, or mechanical breakdown, and because the interruption was not due to any other covered reason outlined in the policy, we are unable to consider this to be a covered claim." Nice footwork there corporate.

My complaint with United was more rewarding. I got a $150 voucher good for two years. That helps.

Hope you are driving the slow lane at below the limit DD, otherwise an accident might happen but you weren't in it.

Many people are excellent tailgaters but passing another car is enormously complex for them. Not your fault but it's reality. Also, tailgating someone in the slow lane doesn't make sense.

Hope you are driving the slow lane at below the limit DD, otherwise an accident might happen but you weren't in it.

Many people are excellent tailgaters but passing another car is enormously complex for them. Not your fault but it's reality. Also, tailgating someone in the slow lane doesn't make sense.
I had to look over my posts to see what you were referencing without quotes. I guess that you mean these from 1½ months ago? Yes, I stick to the slow lane. Well, on the US Hiway and the Interstate I take to the airport, those are both divided hiways with two lanes each direction, and all cars are supposed to drive in the right lane except when passing or turning left, but anyway - yes, I try to be a considerate driver to others and as safe as possible.

Tailgating does indeed happen in the slow lane even when the passing lane is wide open. I hate it when it happens but try to restrict my actions to turning my cruise control off and seeing how slow they will tailgate me. The most aggressive I will get is to speed up when they finally get off of their phones and pass me.
I live a good hour's drive from the airport, east of Plainview, and I like to drive slower than the limit.
I know. I rarely pass anyone. I save 20% on gas mileage tho and reduce the risks of accidents. It takes 20% longer to get somewhere, but that's only a few minutes.

My trip insurance declined my claim "As the documentation on file does not indicate your interruption was due to a complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least 12 consecutive hours due to an unannounced strike, inclement weather, or mechanical breakdown, and because the interruption was not due to any other covered reason outlined in the policy, we are unable to consider this to be a covered claim." Nice footwork there corporate.

My complaint with United was more rewarding. I got a $150 voucher good for two years. That helps.
I lost my PLB & canister at the resort somewhere after the last dive. I have no idea how, I guess my handling of gear after breakdown, but at least I didn't lose it right before needing it while drifting lost in the current. I filed a claim with my trip insurance on that, they asked for documentation of reports I filed, and I explained that I reported it to the resort verbally and by email - forwarding copies of the email. I feared that would fail too, but I just got a $318 check. A nice surprise as that really covers my original costs on the eight year old PLB and canister. The new ACR-425 View is fancier, and the new canister is nicer, and they certainly cost more than my original combo eight years ago so I'm out $142 on that upgrade. All in all, pretty nice.

I still think that my trip insurance should have paid on the lost day, but I don't see much of a fight there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom