Anoindustry diving canister light promotion and give gift away to technique divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
What's the diameter of the light head?

Also, given the XML L2 LEDs, can you contact Ano Industry about driving the leds a little harder for 3000lumens? This would be more comparable to the Brinyte DIV10.

Thanks!
The head size is 7.3mm(W)*9.5mm(L)
The cord is 1.1 meters

I do NOT think brinyte DIV10 has 3000lumen . Some times brinyte claim DIV10 has 3800lumen . some times claim is 3000lumen . According to CREE XM-L . I think ANO CL2300 have the same lumen as the Brinyte DIV10

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2015 at 09:29 AM ----------

Don't ever believe a XML-L2 U2 LED can produce 1000 lumenin practice. It is the max this LED can produce under all idea condition, and it won't be too reliable at that working condition.

The actual light out put of DIV10 is about 1500-1800Lu. I have one myself and I did lots of measurement on them. I believe CL2300 produce about the same amount of lumen in practice. Having that said, it is a lot of light. A typical 21W HID produce about 1500lu when new and drop to 1000-1200 as bulb age. Even a true 1000lumen light is brighter than most people ever need.

100% aggre with you .

Thanks for the info guys. You basically answered my lumens question.

It's interesting what different vendors advertise, and I like to understand how they get there (leds, drivers, amps, etc) I know there are factors like light loss due to optics, too.

I don't understand the head size answer. How can it be 7.3mm wide? Is that supposed to read 73mm?

The spec of this light is all over the places. Different sites says different cord length, some says 1.1m, some says 1.2 some says 1.5m. Different run time, most say 3hr, at least site says 2.5hr. Different LED, some say U2, at least one site I found says T6. Warranty: some show 1 year, some show 18 monthes. .... Just to name a few. I definitely lost some of the trust at this point.

Thanks for the info guys. You basically answered my lumens question.

It's interesting what different vendors advertise, and I like to understand how they get there (leds, drivers, amps, etc) I know there are factors like light loss due to optics, too.

I don't understand the head size answer. How can it be 7.3mm wide? Is that supposed to read 73mm?
My mistake . The head size is 7.3 cm(W)*9.5cm(L)

---------- Post added July 24th, 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

The spec of this light is all over the places. Different sites says different cord length, some says 1.1m, some says 1.2 some says 1.5m. Different run time, most say 3hr, at least site says 2.5hr. Different LED, some say U2, at least one site I found says T6. Warranty: some show 1 year, some show 18 monthes. .... Just to name a few. I definitely lost some of the trust at this point.
Sorry for the confuse . The cord length was 1.5meters. after several client complaint about it too long . The ANO changed it to 1.1meters. The official weisite say is 1.2meters. But I have measured is 1.1 meters long/ The LED is T6 . But I think T6 is almost same as U2. For the burn time I have NOT test . But i think is 2.5 hours in high mode.

Not to mention pricing. I bought it 2 weeks ago, now they dropped $70. They won't budge on refunding me for the difference either. Light is great, for sure, but I'm with ya, they're a bit variable on the communication and pricing. Wait another 3 weeks and it'll probably be another $70 less...

Not to mention pricing. I bought it 2 weeks ago, now they dropped $70. They won't budge on refunding me for the difference either. Light is great, for sure, but I'm with ya, they're a bit variable on the communication and pricing. Wait another 3 weeks and it'll probably be another $70 less...
Hello . Mike

I am a distributer of ANO.Not work in ANO INDUSTRY. I am now talking with the boss . I did NOT get the price difference from them either. If I can get the price difference from them . I will refund it back to you .
But for sure . The light is great .

I'm not completely clear, so I thought I'd ask: are the batteries standard off the shelf batteries or are they battery packs? Basically I'm asking if I can replace the batteries with cells of my own choosing or do I have to use yours?
Does the light have a battery level indicator?

I looked into this light almost exactly a year ago. The quote from Ano was $135.30 plus $56.01 for shipping for a total of $191.31. I decided against it because of a lack of a battery gauge and their use of battery packs. I also baulked at the shipping cost. If those things have changed it might be worth looking at. Although as mikem17 has indicated, the volatile price swings diminish credibility.

T6 is theoretically ~10% less light then the U2 bin for XML-L (Brightness Bins - Flashlight Wiki). Probably the quality of the driver and cells have a bigger impact though. Props to Ano for a more realistic lumen rating (2300) vs similar lights listing (3000). And the mfr site is actually not terrible (A Lighter Ocean with Ano Dive Lights), but it lists the LED as an XML L2 (which isn't actually a cree model -- is this XM-L2?). The listing on Aliexpress also is conflicted -- the pictures say XML T6, the spec listing says XML L2. Minos, assuming that's your listing (nitescuba) I suggest you correct it to minimize confusion. Which LED and which BIN actually is it?

73mm seems big for 3 LED light head. Minos, if you have a direct line with Ano Industry, maybe you can suggest they size it down in a future version (Targeting between 50-65mm)?

Also comparing to Brinyte Div10 I really like the canister design and the build quality of the head, but the Div10 is $122 + $24 for (3) 4200mah batteries. That's a lot of light for the money. I think the Ano is nicer in some ways, but not 2x nicer. I'd like to see the price on the CL2300 around $200 and the CL2300X around $250.

[Edited to correct model/bin info]

Last edited:
I'm not completely clear, so I thought I'd ask: are the batteries standard off the shelf batteries or are they battery packs? Basically I'm asking if I can replace the batteries with cells of my own choosing or do I have to use yours?
Does the light have a battery level indicator?

I looked into this light almost exactly a year ago. The quote from Ano was $135.30 plus $56.01 for shipping for a total of $191.31. I decided against it because of a lack of a battery gauge and their use of battery packs. I also baulked at the shipping cost. If those things have changed it might be worth looking at. Although as mikem17 has indicated, the volatile price swings diminish credibility.

Hello . My friend

The ANO CL2300 is battery pack . and you can visit here to know more .
;the switch did NOT has power indicator
For the price . I do NOT think the price will drop again .

---------- Post added July 25th, 2015 at 09:27 PM ----------

T6 is theoretically ~10% less light then the U2 bin for XML-L (Brightness Bins - Flashlight Wiki). Probably the quality of the driver and cells have a bigger impact though. Props to Ano for a more realistic lumen rating (2300) vs similar lights listing (3000). And the mfr site is actually not terrible (A Lighter Ocean with Ano Dive Lights), but it lists the LED as an XML L2 (which isn't actually a cree model -- is this XM-L2?). The listing on Aliexpress also is conflicted -- the pictures say XML T6, the spec listing says XML L2. Minos, assuming that's your listing (nitescuba) I suggest you correct it to minimize confusion. Which LED and which BIN actually is it?

73mm seems big for 3 LED light head. Minos, if you have a direct line with Ano Industry, maybe you can suggest they size it down in a future version (Targeting between 50-65mm)?

Also comparing to Brinyte Div10 I really like the canister design and the build quality of the head, but the Div10 is $122 + $24 for (3) 4200mah batteries. That's a lot of light for the money. I think the Ano is nicer in some ways, but not 2x nicer. I'd like to see the price on the CL2300 around $200 and the CL2300X around $250.

[Edited to correct model/bin info]
Hi . My friend

Now the price for ANO CL2300 is 259.99 free shipping and also with the gift of Hollis LED6 and Hollis LED3X. You should know the Hollis LED6 and Hollis LED3x worth at least US$100/
The ANO CL2300X Price is US$319.99 free shipping and also with the gift of Hollis LED6 and Hollis LED3x. I think this is a good chance to get one .If you think you can wait the price drop. I have to say good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom