Ano Brand Canister Light - Any good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully you will be lucky enough to say the say after 100 dives with it.

This is regarding Bringte DIV10. I have had mine for sometime. Maybe not 100 dives, but maybe close. I must say for the money I paid ($140), it is a very good light. No leak of any kind from the head of canister side. No failure of any kind yet. I swapped the cord myself because I want a softer cord, and I swap the hard goodman with a LM. Brightness is good, very good. Runtime at high with 3 26650 4000mAh is about 2 hours, very decent run time. I would say in term of brightness, medium is about equal to my LM 21W HID. At high, it produces more light, but not more throw. It is a perfect low cost travel canister light IMO.

I don't have too much experience with the ANO CL2300. I ordered one for testing for my own interest, but I couldn't find a chance to use it too often. For home diving, I tent to like LM21 HID more than both ANO and DIV10 because of the penetration ability of HID. For travel, I really like the smaller size of the DIV10.

Based on my limited experience with ANO, here is what I can say. Brightness wide, it is equal to DIV10. Both produce more light than LM 21 HID, but throw less. I like the light switch position on the ANO (head) better the the other, but the switch in ANO seems like it will fail some point. The ANO canister althoug built very solid, but it feels like it won't take beating as well as the delrin canister from LM. It also won't take beating as well as the DIV10 canister due to the large canister and think AL wall.

The main thing keep me from recommending ANO is its price. It is currently selling for $325. The cost is high enough, I have no reason not too look for a used LM or Halcyon HID.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom