Annual inspection cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bullswan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have two scubapro setups (MK2 + and R190 w/ R190 Octo) one I purchsed from the LDS and one I was given by a friend (never registered with Scubapro but when I tried to register it I got an error and an UNAUTHORIZED DEALER message).

My question is what should I expect to pay for annual inspections for both of these?
I'm assuming the setup I bought from the LDS will come with free parts but I'm not sure what that actually saves me.
What do you pay from your LDS for your inspections? Parts and service?

Thanks
Greg

The shop where I take my gear is $25/stage. (does not include any parts, but my stuff is under warranty so not an issue(

Bullswan:
I have two scubapro setups (MK2 + and R190 w/ R190 Octo) one I purchsed from the LDS and one I was given by a friend (never registered with Scubapro but when I tried to register it I got an error and an UNAUTHORIZED DEALER message).

My question is what should I expect to pay for annual inspections for both of these?
I'm assuming the setup I bought from the LDS will come with free parts but I'm not sure what that actually saves me.
What do you pay from your LDS for your inspections? Parts and service?

Thanks
Greg

Locally (DC metro area) regulator service costs between $50-$75 plus parts for a 1st stage and two second stages. Some shops offer discount for regs that were purchased from them and/or for club members. It is important to remember that you are not getting an annual inspection - you are getting annual service that includes disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, tuning and testing. Parts kits for a mk2 and two r-190s should run less than $25 since these are about the most simple regs you can find and have few working parts.

Jackie

Depending on the shop, most reg services run between $50-125 a rig. This is why I service my own now.

I paid $150 recently to have my MK10, G250, R190 regs serviced. This included parts.

I just had two Oceanic regulators, octopuses, and computers serviced. Total cost for parts and labor was $297.00.

Ron Shephard

Wow my LDS charges 45 bucks to service one set of regs (one first stage and 2 secondstages) parts included. But with having 3 sets of regs I'm doing them myself now, and the service parts are about 15 bucks per set of regs

wallacm:
... the service parts are about 15 bucks per set of regs

Must be nice - most high performance first stage kits cost more than that. What regs?

Except for the parts, any LDS you are loyal to will do it free.

Happy Diving

Scuba Brad:
Except for the parts, any LDS you are loyal to will do it free.

Happy Diving

Maybe in Utah, but not any of the LDSs I've used in the past, even the one I worked for. They do have to pay their service tech a wage.

Back
Top Bottom