Anniversary trip August 2017 to Rarotonga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frontpointer1000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is this place like for diving? I'm considering taking my wife here for an anniversary trip. She's a mellow diver, I'm down for anything.

Thanks!!

What is this place like for diving? I'm considering taking my wife here for an anniversary trip. She's a mellow diver, I'm down for anything.

Thanks!!
Depends where you have dived before...not as good as Fiji but still has warm clear water and lots of tropical fish. Around Rarotonga is a fringing reef, that slopes down to drop offs - the fringing reef is quite wide in places, like 400m from beach to drop off. Coral growth is mainly hard corals. Aitutaki is worth a visit as has most beautiful lagoon but diving is similar to Rarotonga. It's not very sharky but there are humpbacks travelling through at certain times of year, we heard humpbacks when we were there, in August I think it was. You can go whalewatching if you like but they didnt do snorkelling or diving with whales when I was there about 8 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom