Anniversary in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your wife is going to learn to love shore diving! I wasn't crazy about shore diving until the first time we went to Bonaire. After a couple of days I was really hooked. I'm still don't like rough surf entries but I love Bonaire and even the far south end is great. We dive Red and White Lsave frequently as they are our favorites ( along with Oil Slick for night dives).
Haven't ever done the light house or east side, although they look very doable from a boat.
We did drive up to the Slagbaii park once and did a couple of dives with pretty challenging entries. They were much different than the south. Although the coral was beaten up from a hurricane a few years back it was still fascinating and we saw an enormous lobster. The iguanas on the shore were really cool, too.

Many resorts have beach barbeques, the Plaza is Tuesdays, was $17 each this past march. Unbelievable has a great upstairs dining deck, excellent food. Bobbi Jans good ribs and other barbeques, inexpensive, has outside courtyard. At Sea is excellent, service and food, but priced on the higher end. No shortage of good restaurants.
The Plaza also offers a dinner cruise, we haven't done it yet but it could be romantic.

It is somewhat expensive, and the food is hit-or-miss, but Tipsy Seagull is a romantic spot.

alternatively, take wine, food, and yourselves to Seru Largu at sunset.

Best restaurant of Bonaire is At Sea, it is at the end of the strip towards Divi Flamingo Hotel. Second best is Will's in the middle of Kralendijk. Both serve excellent food and have outside dining. My personal preference for a romantic night out is Will's. The owner and his wife are very friendly and welcoming and they change the menu frequently. It is less busy than At Sea, so more fitting for a romantic setting.

Another good restaurant is La Guernica (tapas). Nowadays I stay away from It Rains Fishes, it used to be good but since it got popular, they crammed to many tables into a tight space and the service is rushed and so is the food.
Good lunch and great sandwiches are avaiblable at Deli Delicious, much better than Elle's Deli imho.

Just got back from Wil's (not Wills). EXCELLENT FOOD! $60 for two with one drink and one appetizer. It was not crowded, which was nice. Service was pretty slow and relaxed. Thanks for that recommendation!

That gelato place is awesome.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom