Animal Planets "Whale Wars" airing this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we can hope, but we also need to refocus and re-think, with a renewed commitment and sense of enthusiasm, about how best to address the coming challenges that we will all face! I am as ardent about preserving the oceans as anyone. I just want to do it in a way that doesn't get folks hurt or killed.

Take care and dive safe,

Doc

Thanks so much Doc. Always appreciate your thoughts and insight. BTW - the link works! Must have been my Mac Safari browser! Stone's work is exciting, and as always - cutting edge. It's terrific that your cousin is supporting the project.

If Sea Shepherd crew had a semblance of competence and took a less violent stance, I don't really see a problem with civil disobedience and interference. I am talking about following and tracking whaling vessels as well as documenting activities. I am not talking about boarding attempts or throwing smoke canisters at other vessels. What does this accomplish? More than you might think. Nothing like worldwide shaming to further a cause. Also the mere presence of another large vessel may discourage what is largely seen as illegal whaling activity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom