Anilao water conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 2 dives over the weekend. vis is at 5m, water temp at 29'C. water was calm from morning until noon it gets a bit wild in the afternoon. too bad only 2 dives... but its better than nothing... hopefully it gets better this week.

Did a day trip dive last saturday, 3 September 2011. First dive at Bahura around 10:30 am and waters are relatively calm with a 27 deg Celsius and fantastic visibility of easily over 20 meters. However, at the start of the 2nd dive around 12:30 at Beatriz with the objective of reaching larry's garden, surface waves are still manageable but at the end of the dive, we surfaced at a 3-4 meter swell. Visibility is still over 20 meters and water is still 27 deg celsius, but underwater current is not cooperative and we failed on our objective to reach larry's garden, but over-all the dives were fantastic.

..... as well as marauding titan triggerfish ...

:shocked2: hope you don't have lots of nasty triggerfish around - been followed by a couple in Taiwan, but no bites to date !!

Land tomorrow morning - first time in Anilao for me, and looking forward to it - rain or shine, though preferably the latter :D

PS: I hear from a Taiwan dive centre I use, there's a group of about 20 divers on a trip from here also heading to Anilao tomorrow afternoon :shocked2:

Cheers

Hey gang! What'd i miss?

:dork2:

Did a day trip dive last saturday, 3 September 2011. First dive at Bahura around 10:30 am and waters are relatively calm with a 27 deg Celsius and fantastic visibility of easily over 20 meters. However, at the start of the 2nd dive around 12:30 at Beatriz with the objective of reaching larry's garden, surface waves are still manageable but at the end of the dive, we surfaced at a 3-4 meter swell. Visibility is still over 20 meters and water is still 27 deg celsius, but underwater current is not cooperative and we failed on our objective to reach larry's garden, but over-all the dives were fantastic.

Afaik diving in maricaban is not recommended from lunchtime onwards during the ber months. In fact, most boat operators will be reluctant to bring you there in the afternoon.

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Actually we went to dive and trek thing is the waves got a bit wild from noon til late afternoon. So we decided to end the day with just two dives...

hmmmm perhaps no one informed you of the unlimited dive packages of some batangas resorts.:coffee:

Just did 6 dives over two days. Viz was great yesterday morning (~20 m). It could get rough in the afternoon but still diveable. Temp was 28-29C.

Actually we went to dive and trek thing is the waves got a bit wild from noon til late afternoon. So we decided to end the day with just two dives...

i love dive n trek! my first dive ever... do you dive with BQ's group? is he still there even?

Reactions: Pao
No, i don't dive with them but the group that I dive with knows him and He was my buddy's dive instructor. :)
I love Dive and Trek too because of the unlimited dives, cheap rate, good food and of course Bogart but I still prefer Anilao because there is much to see than in Bauan.

i love dive n trek! my first dive ever... do you dive with BQ's group? is he still there even?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom