Anilao and PG dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to say I'm a bit disappointed. I don't hang out on Scuba Board because I've heard the people are usually not to friendly and if you ask a question they ignore it or tell you to do a search. I heard that the Philippines forum was much more friendly but I got very few replies to my question so if this is friendly I'm really glad I don't hang out here. With all the people who dive Anilao how many of you replied???? Thanks for nothing.

Actually did do a search on Anilao before that thread was started. I got like 20 pages of hits which is way to many to go thru which is why I started this thread. Thought people would share some info. But at least I did get some from the thread you mentioned. I'll just rely on the dive guides at Club O as I've heard they know the area quite well.

you're disappointed at everyone because you cant be bothered to go over previous threads with similar questions??

if you want answers, it would help to be more specific and give everyone an idea what you want to experience in a dive. something like: hi i am a diver used to cold water of 5 degrees celsius. how warm is the water there? Hi, i am an AOW diver with 200 dives. I like drift dives, big fishes etc. what dive site would you recommend? Hi, i like taking pictures of macro stuff and hate strong currents, which sites would you recommend?

Thanx jigo. I really love macro and taking pictures. I enjoy great muck dives but like nice reefs just as much. Good fish life or weird critters. Not adverse to current but prefer to go slow and look for stuff. Like big stuff too but most of that you will see if it's there. So what sites can you recommend? What sites have you seen a boxer crab on?

Thanx jigo. I really love macro and taking pictures. I enjoy great muck dives but like nice reefs just as much. Good fish life or weird critters. Not adverse to current but prefer to go slow and look for stuff. Like big stuff too but most of that you will see if it's there. So what sites can you recommend? What sites have you seen a boxer crab on?

muck dives go to secret bay and basura. tons of small weird stuff there. havent seen a boxer crab in anilao. others have. but i heard club O has good spotters and they may know where to find you one. pics from those who have been diving with them can attest to that.

Kirby's rock has both corals and critters like froggies and pygmy seahorses. once sa OGP and robust ghost pipefish there.

nice dive with lots of color for wide angle is Beatrice. lots of morays there too.

for big stuff, go to twin rocks and mainit point.

Hmmmm. I thought the question was being answered quite well. Anyway, to throw in my tuppence worth

- dry dock out of Small La Laguna is a great morning dive - yu get big and small stuff here
- for getting down and dirty I had an impressive couple of dives on Sabang Point - lots of small stuff as well as cuttles, lionfish (several all together), nudies galore
- Giant Clams - we found two types of sea horse which has not been seen for a while

This was mid September: be warned, this is an El Nino year and the water temp is up and tht means coral bleaching. The local teams are unconcerned as they have seen it before and it comes back (most of it is on fast growing coral) but it is a bit of shock for anyone who has been to these glorious sites before.

HTH

Kelimar drift on a strong ebb provided the dive guide has confidence on you!!!!!
Fish Bowl(40m) and Horse Head(36m) on slack tide or a fast drift from Fish Bowl to Horse Head on flood current.
The question you have to ask yourself are: are you up to it? Most dive centres are very reluctant to take strangers to those places because of the degrees of difficulty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom