Anilao and PG dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chinacat46

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm heading to Anilao and Puerto Galera for the last two weeks of October. Was looking for dive site recommendations. What are the dive sites we can't miss? Also what will the water temps be then.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

AlmaJane Wreck & Canyons for Puerto Galera! :))
& Verde island!

+1 for Canyons & Verde pinnacle in PG

If you're there during the full moon you can do some high-speed drift dives on the ebb tide from Kilima Drift over Kilima Steps, Canyons & Fish Bowl, although the currents at at their strongest in the middle of the year

If you're interested in tech diving then add Fishbowl/Abyss (45-50m), Sweetlips Cave (55m) & Secret Reef (64m)

Water temp will be high 20s C

Some further information on Verde:

It's ~1 hour boat ride from Sabang, depending on the boat. Most of the dive shops will organise a trip there on demand with a sufficient number of divers (again depends on the size of the boat, can be as few as 4). Usually you do two dives on the pinnacle with SI on the boat. There is a BBQ spot on the island itself where you can enjoy a meal and a beer after your diving. The cost is the reglular dive cost plus a fuel surcharge, and a little more if you have a BBQ. The currents can be strong, but if they're not you can circumnavigate the pinnacle. The dropoff is at about 30m and goes down to 60+. It's a great dive with heaps of fish and coral including some nice gorgonian fans. Best on a nice sunny day, if conditions are right the vis is 30m+

I'm heading to Anilao and Puerto Galera for the last two weeks of October. Was looking for dive site recommendations.

Dropoff (pinnacle) at Verde was AWESOME. As others have said, liked Alma Jane, Canyons, Monkey beach, Boulders, and Sabang Wrecks (only small wrecks, but aboundant small fish) Also saw 3 frogfish at Sabang wrecks, one large black one "walking on sandy bottom". Really enjoyed PG area and all of the dives we made around there. In August 2010 water temps were mostly 84 with a couple of 86's at certain spots

Tom

Thanks all for the info. This will be my 2nd visit to PG and I agree with the recommendations. It's my first visit to Anilao though and was hoping for some more info. I've been to Lembeh 4 times and I've heard good things about Anilao just hope there is more then two sites. LOL

There are about 40 dive sites accesible from Anilao within <30 minutes. Lots of good macro stuff

Back
Top Bottom