Anglin Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was watching the news and apparently the end of the Anglin Pier fell off and drifted away after being pounded by Frances whipped seas.

It looks like we'll have some additional time to keep diving the pier past the previously planned end of the year reopening. :D

Marc

At least for divers. We're going to be there (fingers crossed) for a long weekend in October. Staying at the El Mar Tropic Ranch "Resort" right by the pier. Will be great not to have to worry about getting hooked! :10:

gillyweed_girl:
At least for divers. We're going to be there (fingers crossed) for a long weekend in October. Staying at the El Mar Tropic Ranch "Resort" right by the pier. Will be great not to have to worry about getting hooked! :10:

The pier is neat and a nice reference point. There was a school of Moonfish? (that's what DM nieghborbuddy called them) that was mesmerizing.

I don't know about moonfish, but there's often a large school of lookdowns there, as well as snook, turtles, tarpon and some large southern stingrays.

I can't wait to see what's happened to the pier. It's a great dive site.

GrierHPharmD:
I don't know about moonfish, but there's often a large school of lookdowns there, as well as snook, turtles, tarpon and some large southern stingrays.

I can't wait to see what's happened to the pier. It's a great dive site.

I don't know what "Lookdowns" are but what were there in June
were silver and looked like ghosts. As for the pier, talk about a silver lining (at least for some of us).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom