Angelita Cenote update.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avex

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,
Just got back from playa del carmen and I had the best experience diving with the dive mike crew in playa as we went to dos ojos, grand cenote, did cozumel dives, as well as the sabados and venada reefs off of the playa coast. Got to see large eels 1000s of fish, sea turtles and a bull shark, BUT the most amazing part was diving the Angelita Cenote. I know it has been talked about before on this board but WOW. what an amazing experience!!! Its like you are in a dream with a foggy cemetary like feel to it. We went through the hydrogen sulfide layer and the water was even warmer, clearer (but dark), leaves, fallen trees, and there was a memorial of sorts from what I understand to have been someone that passed away down there though I am not sure how recent. Coming up through the layer, you can see birds flying over the water from 75 feet down, the clouds, and fish swimming in the hole. If anyone has never been there or will be in the area, just find the time and do it. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! :)

Excellent!! Cenotes cannot be explained, only experienced. Great write up!

One of my all-time favorite dives!

And you are right, it cannot be explained in words.

We're going back down to the Yucatan in March, and Angelita is on the list.

it is unexplainable..:) I feel like I didnt write enough to even begin to explain the dive.

ibj40-look into "the pit" as well when you are down there, you might like that one a lot too. I want to do that dive when i go back again.

it is unexplainable..:) I feel like I didnt write enough to even begin to explain the dive.

ibj40-look into "the pit" as well when you are down there, you might like that one a lot too. I want to do that dive when i go back again.

Actually, we are currently contacting dive ops in the area to do the Pit. It's on our Bucket List.

:wink:

I agree it's hard to put words to the otherworldy experience of Angelita! A must do! Glad you enjoyed it :)!

nice!!! there so many systems out there its amazing!!...I cant wait to go back out there and I guess there are more like angelita out there too. some with bones from 1000s of years ago too.

Some Angelita's pictures.

Cheers

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3511.JPG

did it last month and loved it.........next on my list over there is the pit, heard it is the very best....

Dove Angelita over Thanksginving with Dennis Weeks frm Diablo Divers -- what an awesome experience! Great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom