Andoer SL-101, Nitecore intellicharger i4 - really need help here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just bought two of these: -

Andoer Ultra Diving LED Fill-in Light DSLR Camera Video Lamp for GoPro Hero P0G8 | eBay

And two of these (I also need to charge 26650 batteries for my can light): -

NITECORE i4 Intellicharger AAA 18650 26650 CR123A Universal Mod Battery Charger

And four of these: -

2 x Panasonic NCR-18650B 18650 Li-ion 3400mAh NK090 CA

First foray into lighting my GoPro videos, so forgive the dumbass questions!

Anyway, got home last night, plugged in the charger, fitted the batteries, lights started flashing and left it going. Got up early, the lights (3 levels) were all solid (not flashing), which apparently means charged.

Put batteries in light, checked polarity and tried to turn it on - nothing. Did the same for the other light, also nada.

Headed to work, taking one set of light plus batteries and tried to charge the batteries in situ (in the light itself) using the dedicated USB charger and a green light came on at the base of the battery recess (it's still on after half an hour).

If I press the on button, with USB attached, I get a very weak light. If I unplug the USB, I get nothing at all.

I'm baffled, and I can't believe it's the batteries as these are very standard pieces of kit, and Panasonic is recommended as best-of-the-best.

Can anyone help?

It might in fact be the batteries. Some of the 18650 batteries are a tad too short to work well in many lights. I have had this problem with some lights only a slightly longer battery works.
Bill

You hit the nail on the head. What I did in the end was to use a jeweller's screwdriver (flat head), slip it in between the plastic and the metal connection plate at positive end, and simply bend the plate about 1 mm until it was making the connection. Works a treat now, but it seems weird that this was missed in design!

Thanks, for the help, much appreciated.

How were the lights? I think I am looking at the same one on Amazon

Can you recommend them? Thinking of grabbing 2. Going to Bonaire in a month.

Back
Top Bottom