And you thought the HUB was a bad idea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to know who is offering this "shallow, clear water" certification. :death2:

I'm curious, how do you get a refill if you don't have a "real" c-card?

Since it's meant for travellers but you have to take the cylinder out to fly with it, where do you rent a cylinder this size at your destination?

Or can you adapt an AL80?
Must be a real pain doing wreck penetrations with a cylinder mounted sideways...

Every now and then I am so tempted to let loose the "Imp of the Perverse" and do something that makes me laugh out loud, inside . . .

I would LOVE to have one of these things that I could keep secreted away in my dive bag until time to finish gearing up for a dive - pull that sucker out and enjoy the expressions on the faces of all the other divers - and watch my buddy pass out!

The Kracken:
Every now and then I am so tempted to let loose the "Imp of the Perverse" and do something that makes me laugh out loud, inside . . .

I would LOVE to have one of these things that I could keep secreted away in my dive bag until time to finish gearing up for a dive - pull that sucker out and enjoy the expressions on the faces of all the other divers - and watch my buddy pass out!
After all it's only $850 :wink:
Fred

I don't see where it's all that different from a lot of the gear we see divers buying. I'd expect it to sell well.

It's a good idea...crap gear in a neat little package. It saves you th trouble of buying your crap gear one piee at a time and putting it all together yourself. I wonder if it has any beepers.

Thank God there was no mention of weight belts in the ad. I can see some yahoo seeing something down around sixty feet and going for it!!!

Fred,
That was assuming I had unlimited discretionary income . . .

Better still, maybe I could borrow yours !!!!!:eyebrow:

startag:
If you guys would read the FAQ, #17 CLEARLY outlines the advantages of the Mini-B over conventional scuba. There's really no contest-the Mini-B is so much more attractive than real SCUBA. How can you argue against that?

!AND! it comes with a "Built-In Handle". None of my gear has one of those. I'm sold!

Joe

My Zeagle Tech has a "Built-In Handle" ! ! ! ! Nanny, nanny, boo-boo !!!

startag:
After looking at the web site I'm sold.... I just put all my real scuba equipment up on Ebay. The Mini-B just had so many more advantages over real SCUBA.

After looking at the web site I'm sold.... I just put all my real scuba equipment up on Ebay. The Mini-B just had so many more advantages over real SCUBA.

Quote:

From http://www.mini-breather.com/faq.htm#17

• One Size "Fits All"
• Built-In Handle

It's got a HANDLE AND ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!????

You guys have been holding out on me! I've GOT to get one!

I've got to go sell all my stuff quick, so I can get the breathe-a-little.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom