And the next new worst idea for diving. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talk about yo-yo profiles. And at that price you could get a 6cf, 12cf, or 19cf and do monkey diving for far longer bottom times.

I can understand how today this would be shocking, but back when I started SCUBA, you could by SCUBA gear from Sears and have the tank filled without showing a C-card, that came years later. There was a sheet of instructions, that you didn't have to read that came with the gear.

I'm sure the packaging with this new device will have all kinds of warnings to read and understand the operations manual before using the device, possibly shorter than the book that came with my coffee pot.

Bob
---------------------------------------
I think that advocating unsafe and dangerous practices is both stupid and foolish. That is why I don't tell people to do what I do. Dsix36

280 pounds! This sounds like a gimmick that will go nowhere, especially after the first injury lawsuit.

To anyone who thinks two minutes of air is no more than a minor improvement on snorkelling, Redmond says it could make all the difference underwater. The typical swimmer can hold their breath for about 40 seconds while underwater, he says. “Two minutes is not a lot of time but it is a lot longer than that,” he says.

Just breathe in compressed air and hold your breath... Genius!

For the approx. 400 dollars, you can take a freedive training course and hold your breathe for over 4 minutes. No equipment necessary. I'll take the 5000 dollars please, my invention is better. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom