And people wonder why I need so much weight to sink me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you see a lot of moobs (man boobs)? :D

Not so much, but there are certainly a lot of flotation man tubes around the midsection. Me included!

Gee, I wonder if that is how inflatable life jackets got the nickname Mae West??? :)

The-Kru-Sport-Pro-allowed-the-wearer-to-swim-easily-599x400.jpg

Gee, I wonder if that is how inflatable life jackets got the nickname Mae West??? :)

The nickname originated because someone wearing the inflated life preserver often appeared to be as large-breasted as the actress Mae West. It was popular during the Second World War with U.S. Army Air Forces and Royal Air Force servicemen, who were issued inflatable Mae Wests as part of their flight gear.

Don’t you use lots neoprene too since you dive the freezing Great Lakes?

I dive dry.

For anyone wanting to run the numbers, I found a rather useful paper in the International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology: https://doi.org/10.1108/09556221111166284

Find your bra size, add the fact that adipose tissue has a density of about 0.9 kg/dm3 and simplify by assuming that breasts only consist of adipose tissue (iow, neglect the rather minor amounts of connective and glandular tissue), and bingo! You'll know exactly how much of your belt weight which your tits are responsible for.

I've started considering the science corollary to Rule 34 of the Internet: If it exists, someone has published a study about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom