and our next trip to Vancouver is ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
January 10/11

We'll be working on the Annapolis on the 10th (Saturday) and diving on the 11th (Sunday).

Last time up we had a great time with some of you Vancouver area divers. We'd love it if you could join us again ... and mebbe bring a few friends along (Bjorn? Guanjin?)

I think this time the tides are good for Whytecliffe.

Hope to see some of y'all then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wish I could join you. Vancouver is one of my favorite big cities.

Myself, r2t and Vince are diving Furry creek on Sunday Bob. There's a nice wall, a reef and lots of free parking. Your more than welcome to join us.
Andrew.

That sounds intriguing ... where is Furry Creek?

We're always up for new dive sites ... last trip was our first dive on Kelvin's Grove (which was wonderful).

Please tell me more about Furry Creek ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What's your plan for the 11th? whytecliff?

I might join you, i just got cert for Advanced.
as long as you guys dont blend or use dualies.. i would like to join!

Currently it's Whytecliffe ... I'd like to learn more about this Furry Creek site.

You're welcome to join us. Some of us are experienced, others less so. We're a pretty mellow group who are just out to have some fun and welcome anyone who's experienced enough to dive the site we end up choosing.

We will have one diver in our group who's fairly new (did dives 17 and 18 on our last trip), so we won't be choosing anything too advanced.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well one of my buddies would be more than up for it.

we should try a dive to tuwanek.

Furry creek is the next site past Porteau cove, only a few miles/km past. So you are looking at about 40-45 mintues north of Vancouver.

A straight forward wall dive that reaches depths of around 130' or more depending on the tides. I would describe it as a V shaped wall. If you want to go to the bottom you can follow the wall down one side and then up the other and then come back across in the shallows or whatever depth you want.

You are pretty much guranteed a large octo on the far side at around 65' in a vertical crevice.

There is free parking there for about 15 - 20 vehicles. It is beside a adult only housing complex so we can not make too much noise.

What time are you planning to dive at Whytecliff?

I can't plan that far forward (self employed) but I will try to come out if i'm able.

Is anyone interested in a SB meet and greet dive on Dec 13 or 14?

Back
Top Bottom