And now, a break from three people who died on that big boat in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
I guess when it's not GS cookie season, you could freeze some mince pies- I bet that would have a satisfying thud, although the brain freeze might be unbearable. :D
You should know Mo2 better than that ... frozen pumpkin pies and tomato juice smoothies for him ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mo2vation:
it doesn't go "clink."

It has other compensating virtues, I'm sure - but it lacks the satisfying tactile clink that I look for in a good frozen cookie.

BTW - you gotta love that its only available during GS cookie season. How funny is that??!!??! Marketing people. Kill 'em all.

---
Ken

Don't know if your local girl scouts do this...but here in nyc you can order them year round.

PDF Order Form

Girl Scouts NYC site
(click on the "looking for Girl Scout Cookies?" link on the left for ordering options

You know, when I was a kid, they used to taste better. In fact, all of them used to taste better. But I buy the boxes anyway to support the kids of my co-workers and friends. Now TS&M's version sounds super yummy as I am a dark chocolate fan all the way. Has anyone tried the Altoids covered in dark chocolate? Yummy.

5 boxes bought.. zero left... even my 4yo has it figured out how to use a small step ladder to access them on the top shelf of the freezer.. and he, the kind and loving soul he is, brings me one au gratis for his work and reward of one for himself to. :D

There was a Dilbert cartoon several years ago about Girl Scout cookies (called them "Camp Girl Cookies" if I recall). It raised what I see as an important issue--what does this teach girl scouts, especially if their parents do a lot of the selling?

SparticleBrane:
There was a Dilbert cartoon several years ago about Girl Scout cookies (called them "Camp Girl Cookies" if I recall). It raised what I see as an important issue--what does this teach girl scouts, especially if their parents do a lot of the selling?

One day you will see the light. The kids don't sell any of this crap for the fundraisers. After we did the Girl Scout cookies it was then chocolate bars for the school. Be glad I didn't push any of that on you all. The parents are the ones out bribing co-workers and DIVE BUDDIES to buy the goodies. :D

Let me make sure I understand--the parents are doing all the selling? Or perhaps I'm just reading it incorrectly??
Edit: Speaking of Camp Girl Cookies :wink: don't I still owe you some money?

I very rarely see kids out actually doing the door to door selling of stuff or being the ones hocking cookies, etc... why is that? Why are the parents doing it?

CBulla:
I very rarely see kids out actually doing the door to door selling of stuff or being the ones hocking cookies, etc... why is that? Why are the parents doing it?
Two words: Megan Kanka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Kanka

That's why the parents come with the kids when they go sell stuff. But having the parents do the work? IMHO it sounds like that's only teaching the kid to depend on the parents.

Back
Top Bottom