Anchored Boat story 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rules of a diver Coxswain.

1) Never leave the boat, to dive or otherwise, unless a capable cox'n or mate is on board to;

a) Rescue you if you should surface away from the anchor chain, whether in difficulties or not.

b) Recover the boat should it start to drift (or prevent the boat from drifting in the first place!)

In addition, of course,

2) Never anchor a boat without enough scope to allow for a rising tide!

Have I missed anything?

(Sorry to spoil your fun so soon!)

And for your next deliberate mistake? :eek:ut:

Great story! Live and learn I always say... I really enjoy your tales, you should put together a small collection of short stories for us divers to enjoy on our SI. A kind of Chicken Soup for the Divers Soul...

I really enjoy your tales, you should put together a small collection of short stories for us divers to enjoy on our SI. A kind of Chicken Soup for the Divers Soul...

Maybe a new thread could be started just for UP's short stories?

Divesherpa once bubbled...
Hey PUG,
You may want to re-think your dive philosophy.
...there was a clue in the post as to how long ago that was.

These stories are about DIW survival... and yes... not only are they true they are unembellished as well.

Story number 3 is... well, I'll let you be the judge.

Rick... story number 4 has plenty of chain... actually too much chain and too little air.

And yes... someday I will publish my stories in a book... someday...maybe... but for now these are here for you to enjoy :wink:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Rick... story number 4 has plenty of chain... actually too much chain and too little air.
Now this I gotta hear...
Rick :)

It had to be "Shane... not yet a diver". ie before DIR.

How'd I do?

...there was a clue in the post as to how long ago that was.

These stories are about DIW survival... and yes... not only are they true they are unembellished as well.

Story number 3 is... well, I'll let you be the judge.

And yes... someday I will publish my stories in a book... someday...maybe... but for now these are here for you to enjoy :wink:

Three rules on my boat.
1. NEVER is the boat to be left without an able body on board.
2. GPS is ALWAYS set to "anchor alert" before a dive.
3. First part of any dive is ensuring the anchor is set correctly, if in doubt, call the dive.

Dave

I remember once reading a thread on Scubaboard about what we most admired in divers and I think humility came top of the list.

I honestly thought this story was fiction (another test!).

There are multitudes of so called experts out there who are not prepared to admit to earlier mistakes. (Eg. "I am a perfect and always have been.").

Some encouragement, Uncle Pug!!

If you did that there's hope for me yet!:wink:

...rule #1 was don't put anything in the head unless you've eaten it first.
Hmmm... needs some improvement... insert "and digested" between "eaten" and "it" for a better rule #1.
My rule #2 is "If you have to smoke or puke please do so from the lee side of the boat."
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom