Anchorage dive hotel in dominicia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Valligurl. Hope we find the same staff as you had. Service can change dramatically over a short period of time depending on the staff. Or you can just get off on the wrong foot. By the time you have been through 3 rooms because the shower has fallen off the wall in one, the door lock won't work in another and in the third the air conditioning is roaring like a lion staff can suspect you're jinxed or saboteurs.

We will go with open eyes and open minds. I am sure that is what most people would do. It has done no harm to be alerted to possible inconsistency and we have already considered what we will do and where we will go if things go bad. And that has to be a good thing because we will be more relaxed and will lose minimal time if we need to go to Plan B. I hope to be reporting back in August with tales of cheerful helpful staff. If they are not, then I will try to give balanced factual views.

If you spend enough time reading trip reports and people's detailed descriptions you'll find each of us interpret things differently. This is especially true in scuba, but also in hotel reviews on sites such as trip advisor.

That's why it is always nice for people to give details on their good and bad experiences. What is trivial to me may be a priority to someone else and vice versa.

Also, it is always good to do a little research before a trip to set realistic expectations. If a place is known to operate on island time, I don't expect things to happen as fast as McDonalds.

RoatanMan:
Yes, sounds like you did. Your reviving this old thread makes a point in the world of the internet...

1) Once posted, it never goes away
2) Repetition makes it true
3) Beware angry posts from first time posters

Now that 2 months have passed since this angry first (and only) post- and the thread starter has offered up no additional posts... about anything... what can one assume?

This is what puts all such first time posts into the highly suspicious category. He joined at the same time he made his one and only post. And YES, most first posts are of a "Hi how'ya doin?" nature

I have seen several similar written by disgruntled ex-employees, or just someone with an "axe to grind".

Take such first time posts for what they are worth.

Roatan Man

I've seen a number of your posts since I've been a member, and it seems to me you are always looking for an argument. Frankly, I'm offended by your post. When I first read it I decided not to respond in kind...but after reading it again, I'm going to point something out.

When I saw Merman's post, I was searching for feedback on the Anchorage (for my own planned trip). You accuse me (IN ITALICS!!) of reviving a two month old thread.

I'm not in the habit of checking dates on a thread normally. And I probably would have read Merman's post and moved on. However, I saw this from Pelan Pelan:

Pelan Pelan:
Help - going there in July - still time to change if necessary.

Met a couple who stayed there last summer and were happy with the hotel and with the diving.

Can anyone give me any facts? Or I'll settle for subjective but recent experiences.

I wonder which staff were being referred to? It sounded almost that it was hotel rather than diving staff. We chose Anchorage as a compromise between diving and lounging round a pool. Any comments welcome.

Will report back myself at the end of July. But until then - any comments welcome. I'm not going to change my booking for no good reason - but I prefer to arrive with open mind and open eyes.

This was dated 5/21/06. I responded to him on June 10th, telling him of my planned trip. Then, when I returned home from that trip, I posted again, giving a review.

Not that I need to explain to YOU :shakehead why I posted here!! But I do want to remind you that anyone is allowed to post anywhere at anytime on this board, and your rude comments are not warranted or welcome.

One more thing. Many people who have a particularly bad experience are likely to post their experiences where it will hurt the business who treated them badly. Whether this was a case of a disgruntled employee or some type of vendetta is not your call to make. We're all grownups here and don' t need you babysitting our posts. :soapbox:

Now have a nice day.
user_offline.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom