Anc to Cun sticker shock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always use miles to get us out of Alaska so I guess I just haven't felt that pinch. I grew up on the East Coast and moved here to Alaska 19 1/2 years ago right after I got married. Neither one of us wants to leave. I can't imagine where we would go to if we did :)

It's official, we're getting the $1,200 energy stipend that has been talked about. Apparently it will be included with the permanent fund check. Sweet! Maybe this is the excuse I need to buy than LED canister light I want! :)

Sometimes I think it would be better to leave too, just because it's so much easier to travel from down south, and there are better movie theaters, and more things to do. The diving is just so good up here it would be hard to leave it. I'd have to move to Puget Sound or South Florida or Hawaii!

It's official, we're getting the $1,200 energy stipend that has been talked about. Apparently it will be included with the permanent fund check. Sweet! Maybe this is the excuse I need to buy than LED canister light I want! :)

Don't forget the 8 cent suspension of the fuel tax on top of that! This $2400 will be a huge help in paying my $330/month Enstar winter bills. It will make taking that Hawaii trip a bit easier on the wallet, too.

Back
Top Bottom