Analox EIICO giving erratic readings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I left the unit out of the box for a couple of days and the number displayed was going down gradually, I just turned it on few minutes ago and it appears to be back to normal now. I can actually turn the dial to the left a little and it would go down to zero. I had the unit in a UK box with the O2 unit and didn't take it out or turn it on for several months (probably a year).

My concern now if the unit is actually good to go and can be trusted. I wish that the Analox rep. on SB here would give me some feedback and explain this matter more.

A VERY big THANK YOU for the members above who were very kind with their help and ideas to figure out how to bring the unit back to operation!!!

All you need to do now is to get it bump checked with known calibration gas preferably something in the 10 ppm to 20 ppm CO range. If you don't have a company nearby which can do this, next time you're in Europe or the ME you could get it done there. Try the RaeSystems web site for service centers or many of the safety houses which sell gas detectors will also do a bump check for you. You could try Analox UK and see if they still offer a calibration service.

You might purchase the new dome with barb found on the O2 EII Pro which will allow you to connect calibration gas. Here it is here.
Replacement Dome with Barb - Dive Right in Scuba

As long as the bump check is within 1 ppm then you're good to go otherwise you'll have to send it to Analox for a formal calibration.

does he really need to know anything more than 'does sensor go from 0 to something high when held near running car's tailpipe'?

That would tell you whether or not the sensor is responding at all, but not whether a 10 ppm actual is being displayed as 3 ppm.

But thanks for reminding me that you can bump check the unit by removing the dome and slowly exhaling into the port without pressurizing the sensor. A healthy non-smoker should see the sensor display about 2 ppm and if a smoker who has not just had a cigarette it should be in the 8 to 10 ppm range.

Give that a try.

I was about to post up the same. I can bump my CO monitor with my breath and get 1ppm. That is my std. backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom