an oracle of information?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that site earlier and was wondering if the overly positive review was too much of a good thing (not that I am complaining, mind you). To call it the best dSLR under $3000 and there was no mentioning or comparison with the Fuji S2 in there at all gave the review a little less credibility (since I bought the D70, I hope that it is truely the best camera under $3000). I am still waiting for dpreview to give a thorough review and keep my finger cross :)

ssra30:
I saw that site earlier and was wondering if the overly positive review was too much of a good thing (not that I am complaining, mind you). To call it the best dSLR under $3000 and there was no mentioning or comparison with the Fuji S2 in there at all gave the review a little less credibility (since I bought the D70, I hope that it is truely the best camera under $3000). I am still waiting for dpreview to give a thorough review and keep my finger cross :)

i read the d70 review and thought wow as well, especially as i was deciding between the 10D, D100 and the D70.

the S2 is good but it is being made obsolete (no disrespect to the guys who have just bought one!), and would rather go with the latest one and know there is going to be some after market support for a while.

Reading dpreview Nikon SLR forum, some of the opinions seem to be that D100 does not have that much advantages over D70 and D70 do have a more update CCE. Some people compared D10 side by side with D70 and seems to prefer D10 but did say that D70 overall gives better value for the money. Who knows...
I still think D10 or D70 would both be a good choice, I decided to go with Nikon because of lens choice more than anything else.
The picture Dave posted today from his brand new S2 looks incredibly good as well...

ssra30:
Reading dpreview Nikon SLR forum, some of the opinions seem to be that D100 does not have that much advantages over D70 and D70 do have a more update CCE. Some people compared D10 side by side with D70 and seems to prefer D10 but did say that D70 overall gives better value for the money. Who knows...
I still think D10 or D70 would both be a good choice, I decided to go with Nikon because of lens choice more than anything else.
The picture Dave posted today from his brand new S2 looks incredibly good as well...

they are both good (10D and D70/100) i found the 10D easier to use, but Ikelite haven't got a housing for it and told they probably wouldn't (hint unless Ike wants to correct me) and the other options are bloody expensive!

Hmmm, I thought Ikelite was going to do something about D10. You can just e-mail them directly and ask as they are pretty good at answering back regarding housing and plan for one type question, just give them a few days to reply (I certainly nagged them enough in the past regarding various housing.
I know what you mean about all the other choices. Since Ikelite inform me that they will not support the Nikon 70-180mm macro lens (one of my main attraction to Nikon rather than Canon), suddenly my budget for housing/ports balloon up big time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom