An Awesome 1st Post-Certification Dive Site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if they still do it, but last time I did Dive quest at Epcot, they gave a discount to divers certified through NAUI.
I agree, one of the best parts is interacting with the kids outside the tank!!

We were at the Georgia Aquarium last Summer. The aquarium was spectacular, and the large tank even has whale sharks. I was hoping to do the dive someday, but once I found out the price tag, I walked away very disappointed. I don't see how they can justify charging $325 for a 30 minute dive, even with the couple of hours for the total experience. Apparently, there are enough divers willing to pay that price to keep the program in business.

We were at the Georgia Aquarium last Summer. The aquarium was spectacular, and the large tank even has whale sharks. I was hoping to do the dive someday, but once I found out the price tag, I walked away very disappointed. I don't see how they can justify charging $325 for a 30 minute dive, even with the couple of hours for the total experience. Apparently, there are enough divers willing to pay that price to keep the program in business.

Gotta say, when DISNEY is beating their price by almost half, they probably are being a bit greedy..! I guess Atlanta divers don't have a lot of other local options..!

:D

PADI Diving Society members get a discount at DiveQuest as well.
I think they have a program for non-divers as well. On SNUBA, I assume.

Sorry, Divequest in Orlando is a very expensive dive in a tired old tank with fake coral, sick fish, and incredibly controlling DMs (It's Disney, what can you say?). It's better than not diving if you find yourself trapped in Orlando. I really enjoyed playiing with the kids through the observation windows. Doing it once was fine for me, never again.

Good diving, Craig

Sorry, Divequest in Orlando is a very expensive dive in a tired old tank with fake coral, sick fish, and incredibly controlling DMs (It's Disney, what can you say?). It's better than not diving if you find yourself trapped in Orlando. I really enjoyed playiing with the kids through the observation windows. Doing it once was fine for me, never again.

Good diving, Craig

Hmmmm... well, it's an expensive amusement park exhibit, not a natural reef, so the DMs are pretty careful about your doing anything that would damage the tank. Other than that, they really didn't interact with us at all...

I would have found it just as much fun without the fish or the coral.. for me the main thing was the kids, and I could do that again and again! But I guess they wouldn't line up just to see me...

Mike

Hmmmm... well, it's an expensive amusement park exhibit, not a natural reef, so the DMs are pretty careful about your doing anything that would damage the tank. Other than that, they really didn't interact with us at all...

I would have found it just as much fun without the fish or the coral.. for me the main thing was the kids, and I could do that again and again! But I guess they wouldn't line up just to see me...

Mike

I guess you didn't get too close to the sharks, that drove the DMs berserk.

Good diving, Craig

I guess you didn't get too close to the sharks, that drove the DMs berserk.

Good diving, Craig

Yeah, maybe that was it. There was only one there when I went last, a tired looking old brown shark. It sort of stayed away from the divers...

Mandalay Bay in Vegas is offering a dive in their Shark Tank. Cost is something like $600. We're heading up to Vegas in April/May, and depending on how I do at the tables (not likely...) or if my wife takes pity on me and uses her winnings (more likely), I'll have to check it out!

Mike

Here is the coupon for Naui Divers for Dive Quest:
http://www.naui.org/pdffiles/dive%20quest%20c.pdf
Other organizations offer discounts and there are also discounts for groups.

I dove it on my bday during DEMA this past November. It wa a fun dive, especially with some of our newbie divers. Since the weather was not cooperative offshore, it was at least a nice dive and a guarrantee for me to go play with all the sharks. I wasn't allowed to touch them per se, but me and a sandtiger cozied up for some cheek to cheek on a pass by. :D It was fun entertaining the guests too!

Georgia Aquarium is more expensive due to the expense and size of the facility. Plus you will be diving with juvenile whalesharks in a much bigger tank. For a controlled setting for newer divers or kids, it's definitely a nice dive even if it is a bit pricey.

Carolyn:shark2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom