Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's little doubt that the reseller's in the wrong here. I didn't check it, no excuse.

You bought a new one (I'm assuming). They sent a used or damaged one (looks as if it's been used a few times). End of discussion. How they came about sending one in that condition is solely their problem.

You need to send it back to them and claim a refund.

If you're in the EU, you can send it back within the cooling off period.

I bought it brand new indeed.

Unfortunately I am not in EU, I am at Dubai and purchased that with a credit card issued from Singapore so it is bit complicated. Also I don’t trust the seller and they may claim they will refund then after I ship it back they will just remain who actually they are. So I am not quite sure what to do.

I haven’t used the light yet, first I will fully charge the battery and will check what is the span of battery, if matches with factory data. Then I will compare brightness with other lights around.

Hello Divers:

We were accused by Eray of selling him used/demo equipment as brand new so let’s talk about facts:
On start I’m a little disappointed that he didn’t show our emails just tell you his version
1) Eray did not buy anything from Us – it was his girlfriend Katherine who bought it for him
2) Eray said that I don’t agree for PayPal – so here’s a question and my answer:
Przechwytywanie.PNG

So another lie of Eray

3) Eray wrote that I blamed Ammonite System – here’s another problem – I wrote him back that have to consult this case with Ammonite System because we received equipment from them (19 Nov) checked is there all we order and the same day packed and prepared for transportation. The answer was made at 8:36 AM CET 6 DEC and the email forwarded to Ammonite System 10 minutes later 8:46 AM CET 06 DEC – we worked to check all possibilities where it could be damaged the whole day.

4) During the day after talks with Ammonite System and because we didn’t know how it could happen after checking serial numbers and confirming that the light was sent to us at 18 Nov.

We decided to not lose any more time trying to find where the problem is and agree that we will check it here in Poland. We made a proposal to Eray and asked him to send it back and we send him another battery. My email to Eray:
Przechwytywanie2.PNG

so another lie of Eray

6) From this point Eray started making problems:

He wrote that he don’t send us the battery before we don’t send him another one!!! – Wow I think its normal to not use equipment you claiming as used to proof that its not used by you?!

I started to be suspicious because it's strange that someone claiming but don’t want to send it back – I can show emails between me and Eray.

7) So we started to suspect that something is wrong and we asked about more photos box inside and when we get it morning 7Th Dec and check it we were sure that: Most probably Eray opened the box mounted clamps screw them and tried to remove them squeezed – making scratches and trying to blame us that we sold him demo/used replaced equipment. He mention the scratches on the canister but was never told that clamps were used and on the photo its seen that clamps were unpacked and used – shape and signs of mounting – screw also have signs of using

Here how it looks packed and what Eray sent to us – hmm its seems that it was unpacked and used.
in box : _______________________________ Eray:
IMG_0061.jpg
eray.jpg

Also when he received answer he started writing emails to Ammonite System directly with saying that we blame them about this situation – with blackmailing them and my blackmailing my store.

So take all parts together:
1) Eray lied about PayPal payment

2) Ammonite System confirmed that serial number is from light sent us 18th Nov - we received it 19th and prepared parcel same day - so we have just few hours to use that ligth?! Also Eray confirmed that inside boxes looks like not opened!!!

2) So maybe Ammonite System? - they have outstanding customer service and many of diver around world know it - but they checked everything on their side and said not possible to miss that kind of scratches – they have few levels of quality control - all is packed just before shipping and responsible person signs documents- also with parcel are documents (inside batery box) with manual and information about quality check with signature and date

3) Even if we assume that it was done accidentally – by mistake and someone put wrong battery (we don’t know how and where but just assume) – bands should be mounted on battery, so is it means that someone took of clamps to show scratches?? Logical is to leave it on place to hide it – not to show it.

4) Because we don’t know how it could happens we decided to replace it (it was Monday 6th DEC) – is this wrong? - no just another lie of Eray that we refused.

5) But Eray said he want 2nd battery without sending us 1st one

6) we started to be suspicious and according more photos he we are sure he trying to cheat us. So we withdrew our offer.

7) Hi started blackmailing us and Ammonite System

Yes, Eray have his rights even if he is outside EU (we not leave our customers outside EU without help) but he have also responsibilities – for us it was simple case until he claimed to send us 2nd battery without sending 1st one, after that and with more info for us is obvious he is not honest – (check his statements with emails, photos etc.) .

Like you can see Eray didn’t write truth just parts/fragments convenient for his story.

So If someone is interested I can post all emails between us

We have been selling the diving equipment for over 10 years. I think you have diving buddies who boutght something fom us and they can say how we work with customers. Yes we had some complaints but we never leave our customers without help doesnt matter they are form EU or outside EU, but we dont like when someone tries to cheat us.

Best Regards
Tomasz Grzyb
Shop4divers

Hello Divers:

We were accused by Eray of selling him used/demo equipment as brand new so let’s talk about facts:
On start I’m a little disappointed that he didn’t show our emails just tell you his version
1) Eray did not buy anything from Us – it was his girlfriend Katherine who bought it for him
2) Eray said that I don’t agree for PayPal – so here’s a question and my answer:
View attachment 694560
So another lie of Eray

3) Eray wrote that I blamed Ammonite System – here’s another problem – I wrote him back that have to consult this case with Ammonite System because we received equipment from them (19 Nov) checked is there all we order and the same day packed and prepared for transportation. The answer was made at 8:36 AM CET 6 DEC and the email forwarded to Ammonite System 10 minutes later 8:46 AM CET 06 DEC – we worked to check all possibilities where it could be damaged the whole day.

4) During the day after talks with Ammonite System and because we didn’t know how it could happen after checking serial numbers and confirming that the light was sent to us at 18 Nov.

We decided to not lose any more time trying to find where the problem is and agree that we will check it here in Poland. We made a proposal to Eray and asked him to send it back and we send him another battery. My email to Eray:
View attachment 694561
so another lie of Eray

6) From this point Eray started making problems:

He wrote that he don’t send us the battery before we don’t send him another one!!! – Wow I think its normal to not use equipment you claiming as used to proof that its not used by you?!

I started to be suspicious because it's strange that someone claiming but don’t want to send it back – I can show emails between me and Eray.

7) So we started to suspect that something is wrong and we asked about more photos box inside and when we get it morning 7Th Dec and check it we were sure that: Most probably Eray opened the box mounted clamps screw them and tried to remove them squeezed – making scratches and trying to blame us that we sold him demo/used replaced equipment. He mention the scratches on the canister but was never told that clamps were used and on the photo its seen that clamps were unpacked and used – shape and signs of mounting – screw also have signs of using

Here how it looks packed and what Eray sent to us – hmm its seems that it was unpacked and used.
in box : _______________________________ Eray:
View attachment 694566View attachment 694563
Also when he received answer he started writing emails to Ammonite System directly with saying that we blame them about this situation – with blackmailing them and my blackmailing my store.

So take all parts together:
1) Eray lied about PayPal payment

2) Ammonite System confirmed that serial number is from light sent us 18th Nov - we received it 19th and prepared parcel same day - so we have just few hours to use that ligth?! Also Eray confirmed that inside boxes looks like not opened!!!

2) So maybe Ammonite System? - they have outstanding customer service and many of diver around world know it - but they checked everything on their side and said not possible to miss that kind of scratches – they have few levels of quality control - all is packed just before shipping and responsible person signs documents- also with parcel are documents (inside batery box) with manual and information about quality check with signature and date

3) Even if we assume that it was done accidentally – by mistake and someone put wrong battery (we don’t know how and where but just assume) – bands should be mounted on battery, so is it means that someone took of clamps to show scratches?? Logical is to leave it on place to hide it – not to show it.

4) Because we don’t know how it could happens we decided to replace it (it was Monday 6th DEC) – is this wrong? - no just another lie of Eray that we refused.

5) But Eray said he want 2nd battery without sending us 1st one

6) we started to be suspicious and according more photos he we are sure he trying to cheat us. So we withdrew our offer.

7) Hi started blackmailing us and Ammonite System

Yes, Eray have his rights even if he is outside EU (we not leave our customers outside EU without help) but he have also responsibilities – for us it was simple case until he claimed to send us 2nd battery without sending 1st one, after that and with more info for us is obvious he is not honest – (check his statements with emails, photos etc.) .

Like you can see Eray didn’t write truth just parts/fragments convenient for his story.

So If someone is interested I can post all emails between us

We have been selling the diving equipment for over 10 years. I think you have diving buddies who boutght something fom us and they can say how we work with customers. Yes we had some complaints but we never leave our customers without help doesnt matter they are form EU or outside EU, but we dont like when someone tries to cheat us.

Best Regards
Tomasz Grzyb
Shop4divers

Vauv,

You guys have mistaken forum to Facebook though. Polemics are usually happening there. Anyway bigger the fuzz you make more people can avoid being ripped off.

I am seriously having hard time to understand what kind of twisted logic you guys have, i am a diver and every equipment i own have scratches or will have scratches! It isn't about scratches, it is about dignity, being honest and doing the right thing. Providing business as promised, selling products as advertised.

Those are additional lies, first of all i am the one who own the light, it was just a gift.

B7390A8E68D2B.jpg

that light still hasn’t being used, never left its own packaging, and how you guys make a conclusion it is used, because it is removed from half an inch paper tape that holding them together. But wait a minute, that’s because you asked them to be pictured from both sides. Your precious evidence of paper tape still attached to its box.

2FB886D0-716D-4E03-9E1F-FBDB765A2E0A.jpeg

4C521E4E-A01F-4765-9343-9B14ED3F10D7.png

Also nobody asked you guys to send another battery or something, all that was being asked be efficient and act rapidly, you don’t have a right to make your customer wait additional 2 months for a light. All it was you were being asked and expected take responsibility of your business and do the right thing, instead you guys coming here trying to play blame game.

Also there is no blackmail, i am trying to make people understand what type of ethics you guys have. People will be able make clear conclusions regarding your business practices.

Also with regards to PayPal, we have asked for PayPal and it wasn’t even possible, hence there is not even option of PayPal.

69BFFD44-B9A4-410C-808B-7390A8E68D2B.jpeg

00C82D54-DE09-4672-A015-009025BE3F8D.png

You can blame or make excuses as much as you want. Long story short as an end customer I bought a product as advertised brand new but ended up receiving used/demo/refurbished whatever it is. My intention here is to make fellow divers to know and be cautious about you and your company.

I think
Also nobody asked you guys to send another battery or something, all that was being asked be efficient and act rapidly, you don’t have a right to make your customer wait additional 2 months for a light.
No? So please explain that - maybe Im not best in english but for me its clear....n
battery.PNG

About PayPal - please read emails carefully

Another case:
additional 2 months for a light.

And final question - why you dont show full corespondece with us just what is convinient for you?
You did not blackmailing us on start?
bm.PNG

7:31 AM Monday - like you can read we not working Weekends and start everyday 10AM
I was eariler and what I wrote:
1st.PNG

ll it was you were being asked and expected take responsibility of your business and do the right thing,

We offered you battery replacement without making any problems but what you do....??

I dont be answer about dignity - I think enoguht is read what you writing here vs e-mails form you.

I think

No? So please explain that - maybe Im not best in english but for me its clear....nView attachment 694592
About PayPal - please read emails carefully

Another case:

And final question - why you dont show full corespondece with us just what is convinient for you?
You did not blackmailing us on start?
View attachment 694594
7:31 AM Monday - like you can read we not working Weekends and start everyday 10AM
I was eariler and what I wrote:
View attachment 694595

We offered you battery replacement without making any problems but what you do....??

I dont be answer about dignity - I think enoguht is read what you writing here vs e-mails form you.

Still there is no information regarding why this happened and what is right thing to do. Just more avoidance, smoke and mirror stuff.

6A490310-6EF6-4EF2-BFF2-5514B7585564.png

Unfortunately I won’t be sharing enthusiasm regarding polemics, also not here to argue.

Nature of the forum, thankfully we are here share knowledge, experiences and mistakes as well, teach and learn from each other.

Therefore I believe I have made my point to make people understand what may happen to them and their hard earned money when doing business with mentioned parties above.

Enough said.

It's strange, but the OP's pictures were clearly of a used battery/accu. Those scratches, marks and dents are typical of a used device, probably used several times. Definitely not new.

Customer service is about how well you resolve the problem. Arguing with the customer doesn't look good.

We are living in the different times thought, what people do for few hundred bucks is unbelievable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom