Amigos del Mar, San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterbj7

Dive Shop Owner
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A couple of days ago their Pro-48 caught fire and sank inside Lighthouse Atoll whilst transiting between dive sites. No-one was hurt, though a lot of possessions were destroyed.

Wow- Just shows that Bad things can happen to a well maintained, regularly used Dive Boat. Accidents happen. Sorry for the Loss. :42:

The sea's always in charge.

Such a shame ... but it sounds like the crew did a great job getting everyone off the boat safely.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's really sad. I rememeber how proud Melanie and Changa were when they first got the boat. My son, wife and I were on the first trip the boat took to the Blue Hole, what a trip. Andra was with us I think he was about 13 yrs old. Anyway I'm glad everyone is ok.

We dove with them (on that boat) back in March. The crew was fantastic. Based on my experience with Amigos del Mar I wasn't at all suprised to read:

"Pamela Maze,
“The escape was very well organized. Really in that kind of situation, the crew was amazing, got us out safely and everyone around us helped us. It was an incredible situation and normally in a country far away from our home, that was a great experience and of course we would come back anytime.”

I am most pleased that everyone was OK and the boat was insured. I look forward to diving with them again on my next visit to Paradise.

should post this over in the wreck divers lounge

"new wreck site"

glad everyone's ok

d

As a boat owner nothing gets the blood pumping like smoke from below decks.

Kudos for getting everyone off and safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom