American Diving - Dive trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffro360

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi all.. just wondering if any of you have been on trips with American Diving and if so, which trips?

My buddy and i are thinking about the Clipper, and/or the Texas Underwater Park trips... any feedback/opinions are appreciated!

> Dive Trips

thanks...

I have been on the clipper with them and I am returning soon, good dive shop.

Hey Jeffro, you definitely want to head down and do a dive or two on the Clipper. The underwater park is at the mouth of the Rio Grande and viz is typically not very good. I know Oak Hill Scuba is coming down next weekend for a 3 tank dive. 2 on the Clipper and then we pull up and head over to one of the nearby oil rigs for a 3rd dive.

We've got a trip on the books for Aug 2nd. According to Capt. Lonny, the boat is a go. We're just looking into a place to stay, other than a tent. We're actually looking at renting a motor home for the trip down.

We'll be booking additional trips there as demand warrants.

I dove the Clipper with American Diving in Jan 08. Tim (Owner) was the Capt. on the boat. I will say that they are definetly the company to dive with!

The boat was awesome, the Divemasters were awesome, and Tim possesses a vast amount of information from his many years of diving.

I would recommend American Diving and I am looking forward to many return trips to dive with them again!

Mike

Mack...

We would be interested in a late September 3-day Friday-Sunday trip that included a bus ride down and back. If we got back mid afternoon the 4 hour drive home would not be too bad and the earlier it left on Friday would be OK cause we would have to come on Thursday nite anyway...

Just my thoughts

The Texas Clipper is definitely a great dive. You can make many dives on the wreck before seeing it all. Seana's rig is another great dive, especially getting into August and September for the possiblility of seeing whale sharks. They do offer a three dive day; two dives on the Clipper and one on a rig.

Back
Top Bottom