American Airlines Fare Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSUcowboyinSPFD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just received an email that AA is having a fare sale. The purchase must be made by 7/31 and travel by 12/10. CUN is as low as $110 one way, and CZM is as low as $169. Might check it out.

From what airport/city?

I just received an email that AA is having a fare sale. The purchase must be made by 7/31 and travel by 12/10. CUN is as low as $110 one way, and CZM is as low as $169. Might check it out.

"As low as", eh? Look out for those taxes, surcharges, etc.

the CZM fare at $167 is probably from Cancun :cwmddd:

plus the fares are each way and do not include fees - so you are looking at a minimum of about $450 RT/pp if you can find the $167 fare.

I checked through December for Chicago, the lowest ORD-CZM fare I came up with was still about $700

Mex_Carib_FS_Header.jpg

Have you booked your autumn vacation yet? Now is the perfect time to start planning – with fares to Mexico and the Caribbean! Whether you prefer relaxation or adventure, you are sure to find your perfect getaway in addition to great savings. Purchase your ticket by July 31, 2008, and travel between September 2 and December 10, 2008, to enjoy these low fares!

Sample fares shown are each way, based on round-trip purchase and are just a few of the many great fares available from select cities throughout the U.S. to fantastic destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean. Sale fares are also available for travel originating in Mexico and the Caribbean.

Freeport, Bahamas Starting At $69* Each Way

Port of Spain, Trinidad Starting At $76* Each Way

Montego Bay, Jamaica Starting At $87* Each Way

Kingston, Jamaica Starting At $89* Each Way

Providenciales, Turks and Caico Starting At $99* Each Way

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands Starting At $101* Each Way

Cancun, Mexico Starting At $111* Each Way

Bermuda, Bermuda Starting At $123* Each Way

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles Starting At $123* Each Way

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Starting At $131* Each Way

Mexico City, Mexico Starting At $137* Each Way

Aruba, Aruba Starting At $143* Each Way

Barbados, Barbados Starting At $150* Each Way

Los Cabos, Mexico Starting At $159* Each Way

Cozumel, Mexico Starting At $167* Each Way

The down side to these "lower" fares is that you have to fly American Airlines. That means $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second bag EACH WAY.

Mex_Carib_FS_Header.jpg

Have you booked your autumn vacation yet?

etc.

This kind of stuff really gets my back up. It is, at the very least, a blatant deception. A one way fare "starting at $99" is utterly meaningless. When you try to book it, with taxes, fees, surcharges, and assorted other blsht, your flight will cost $600. Look up "bait and switch", and this is the kind of thing you will find as examples.

Well, now I feel ashamed for having posted this. I didn't say that it was a cheaper fare, I just thought everyone might want to check it out for themselves. However, I do agree with GGunn, it is a pain in the toucus to budget a trip with all these extra charges, etc. Something makes me think it is only going to get worse in the near future.

If someone sees a fare sale, please do post it. It is worth 20 minutes of my day to check it out, even if it is a bad deal.

Thanks,
Jeff

There are seats at the "starting from" prices, even if they are just a few on select flights and dates. Yes, it's a bit deceptive, but they aren't saying "150 seats available for $xx on every flight."

I've found SideStep to be a great site for price searching. Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep One thing I really like about it is that it shows fares with the taxes and fees included so you the price you see is what you'll pay. It lists all the results and provides a link to the booking site where it was found.

Back
Top Bottom