Ambien

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee, you guys know the most amazing things. This place is great!

jonnythan:
After 2.5 hours, you have 1/2 the original amount.

After 5 hours, you have 1/2 of that, or 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4

After 7.5 hours, you have 1/2 of that, or 1/2 * 1/4 = 1/8

The generic simplified formula for half lives is (1/2)^(number of half lives) = amount of original remaining. In this case, it's (1/2)^3 [7.5 is 3*2.5] = 1/8

Simple once you know:) Thanks. I didn't know what the term :half life: meant.

I had a horrible experience!! I did go to sleep within about 20 minutes of taking it, but after about 4 hours of sleep I got up and thought I had a house full of company waiting for breakfast. I ot up thinking all were in the bathroom or bedroom getting showered or dressed. I peeled potatoes, shredded potatoes, fried bacon, fried sausage, and put together a large breakfast caserole. I went into the living room to sit down after ll this. After sitting there for about 10 minutes, I began to doubt what was happening. I then realized I was halucinating. I would never take it again, nor would I recommend anyone else take( if you live alone) it as you don't know what will happen.

I would never take it again, nor would I recommend anyone else take( if you live alone) it as you don't know what will happen.

Everyone is different, and definitely not everyone gets this side effect.

The risk/benefit of any med is that you might get one of the stronger side effects like this. If someone is already using Ambien with a safe track record, then switching to a different med could produce similar bad side effects on the other med.

The most common side effects of Ambein (zolpidem) are: Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; and weakness.

Much less commonly, some individuals do develop such psychiatric features as hallucinations, memory loss and aggression, agitation or anxiety.

Regards,

DocVikingo

i had to stop Ambien. i had some conversations with my wife i had no memory of. i crashed into a safety cone one morning, and only because i trust my wife 100% do i even know it happened.

it seems it was wiping out broad swaths of my memory, and it kind of freaked me out

....it seems it was wiping out broad swaths of my memory, and it kind of freaked me out

This occasionally does occur and can be quite distressing.

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom